With the news coming out that the X1 version of Tomb Raider runs at 30fps

#11QueezZeenartPosted 1/22/2014 10:56:00 PM
josh924 posted...
Yeah, I just saw that as well and I noticed that he didn't mention the Xbox One version. Unless someone can provide a link for the rest of us, I think its safe to assume that the Xbox One version will also run at 60fps.

http://www.rocketchainsaw.com.au/exclusive-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-ps4xone-framerates-revealed/
#12Rome218Posted 1/22/2014 10:59:08 PM
josh924 posted...
Yeah, I just saw that as well and I noticed that he didn't mention the Xbox One version. Unless someone can provide a link for the rest of us, I think its safe to assume that the Xbox One version will also run at 60fps.

I don't think it's safe to assume anything, lol. If he had said "It runs at 60 frames on both the PS4 and Xbox One", that would be safe. Instead he said we are focusing on the PS4 version right now, to avoid the question.

Regardless, I'm still getting the game on Xbox One. Was my GOTY last year and I want to play it on the Xbox One controller. =) The only time 60 fps really concerns me is.. well, I guess it never has. If it comes out choppy, then I will be upset.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#132ndAtomiskPosted 1/22/2014 11:30:25 PM
dolabla posted...
And the PS4 version runs at 60fps, what does that mean for the X1? Personally, I would have never dreamed that the gap could be that big. I didn't think the news on the power gap front could get any worse, but now it somehow has. It's pretty astonishing.

What? The news isn't any worse. This is the exact same thing we've been hearing since launch.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#14StrongBlackVinePosted 1/22/2014 11:35:02 PM
josh924 posted...

Nope another site says Xbox One version is 30fps on average while occasionally hitting 45fps if nothing is going on. PS4 version stays at 60fps consistently with only slight dips.

http://www.rocketchainsaw.com.au/exclusive-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-ps4xone-framerates-revealed/
#15OnallionPosted 1/22/2014 11:39:39 PM
Rome218 posted...
josh924 posted...

I don't think it's safe to assume anything, lol. If he had said "It runs at 60 frames on both the PS4 and Xbox One", that would be safe. Instead he said we are focusing on the PS4 version right now, to avoid the question.

Regardless, I'm still getting the game on Xbox One. Was my GOTY last year and I want to play it on the Xbox One controller. =) The only time 60 fps really concerns me is.. well, I guess it never has. If it comes out choppy, then I will be upset.

You should just play the game on the PC with the Xbox 360 controller and save yourself a whole lot of money and heartache.
#16N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 1/22/2014 11:52:22 PM
josh924 posted...
According to this article from 5 days ago, both versions will run at 30fps.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-17-tomb-raider-finally-achieved-profitability-by-the-end-of-last-year

I was wondering why TC didn't link to an article, but then I wondered even more so after about 10 posts, that nobody even contested it...lol? Im not sure if that is even funny.

I read only a few days ago, when www.gamersyde.com posted a tech vidoc for Tomb Raider, that BOTH versions ran at 30fps, and looked identical.

Oh well. Pretty ridiculous that people throw numbers out there without anything backing it up, and people here just take their word for it. Shows how bad things really are around here lmao. This is terrible, lol.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#17QueezZeenartPosted 1/22/2014 11:54:15 PM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
josh924 posted...
According to this article from 5 days ago, both versions will run at 30fps.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-17-tomb-raider-finally-achieved-profitability-by-the-end-of-last-year

I was wondering why TC didn't link to an article, but then I wondered even more so after about 10 posts, that nobody even contested it...lol? Im not sure if that is even funny.

I read only a few days ago, when www.gamersyde.com posted a tech vidoc for Tomb Raider, that BOTH versions ran at 30fps, and looked identical.

Oh well. Pretty ridiculous that people throw numbers out there without anything backing it up, and people here just take their word for it. Shows how bad things really are around here lmao. This is terrible, lol.

#18XenoFFvsPosted 1/23/2014 1:29:14 AM
RaRitsujun posted...
QueezZeenart posted...
At least it's not the Wii U.

Yeah, the Nintenducks'd have to deal with 15fps.

So far the Wii U has more 1080p 60fps games than XB1..... just sayin
---
Sytems Owned: NES, GEN, SATURN, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GC, Wii, PS3, 360, Wii U, PS4, OUYA, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, PSP, 3DS, VITA.
#19AvirosbPosted 1/23/2014 1:44:26 AM
Does Lara know how to swim in this one?
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#20Rome218Posted 1/23/2014 1:44:57 AM
Onallion posted...
Rome218 posted...
josh924 posted...

You should just play the game on the PC with the Xbox 360 controller and save yourself a whole lot of money and heartache.

I own the game on xbox 360 on demand. ^_^; So I did use the 360 controller. After getting used to the xbox one controller, it feels like such an upgrade.

The analogs feel more precise and the triggers are improved, and I like that they rumble. When playing an FPS, it's pretty cool too burst first and feel the trigger rumble.

Some may say it is absurd to buy a game I already own. And.. in a way they may be right. :P But if it was a game someone truly enjoyed, they would probably get it too. Also, I have 15 dollars of store credit at Gamestop anyway.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill