THE WITCHER 3: New Details to Blow Your Mind....CDPR #1 developer out there

#111nternationa7Posted 1/22/2014 10:32:28 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Kotor2 was Obsidian and it was an unfinished game. Bioware have lost their touch since having EA as their publisher, although Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 were still great games in my opinion.

My bad then with KoTR2. Yeah, I also enjoyed both ME3 and DA2 for the gameplay (I actually liked DA2's combat compared to the imbalanced gameplay from the first). But there is no denying that ME3 was an ugly stain on the Mass Effect series due to that disastrous final hour of the game.

As for Inquisition, excitement is kinda low. Dragon Age 2 had one of the worst cast of characters I've seen in a RPG game (aside from "Balthier" who I cannot bring myself to hate and the Sister; she's hawt). Original Dragon Age had a terrible story that had me facepalming the whole time.

The main characters in DA are too much of a blank slate to get attached to in my opinion and yet at times force the most ridiculous options. Geralt in Witcher on the other hand has enough preexisting character to actually feel like a likable character and has enough freedom to feel like I'm making a difference in his story.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#12zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 10:38:06 PM
motoraptor posted...
Witcher 3 caught my eye on dem graphics alone. Should I pick up Witcher 2 on 360 for 10 bucks?

PC if you can if not definitely on the 360. It's amazing how CDPR got it to run on the 360. The skill these developers have is amazing, and they're going to be at the forefront showing off what our X1/PS4's can and will be able to do in the future.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#132ndAtomiskPosted 1/22/2014 11:02:57 PM
motoraptor posted...
Witcher 3 caught my eye on dem graphics alone. Should I pick up Witcher 2 on 360 for 10 bucks?

Yes.

But yeah 36 endings! Hopefully unlocking them won't require anything too specific. And hopefully won't require 36 playthroughs. 50 hours is a long time per run.

It sounds great but chances are I won't see them all anyway lol. Way of the Samurai games have what, 15-20 endings a piece? I've yet to see all of those either.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#14Hucast9Posted 1/22/2014 11:41:13 PM
The Witcher 3 is the game that i'm looking forward to the most in 2014.
#15JK8289Posted 1/22/2014 11:49:10 PM
That article got me so hyped up for this game. Can not wait. 36 different endings. That's crazy.
---
GT: KillerIsHere828
#16Xuande12Posted 1/23/2014 4:00:22 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
Witcher 3 Yes! Dragon Age Inquisition lol no...

Dragon Age: Inquisition looks sick. Probably my most anticipated game of 2014.
---
Norman Bates does it for his mother.
#17ChA0TiCoNePosted 1/23/2014 4:09:20 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
Dragon Age 2 killed any excitement I may have had for that series going forward. I'm willing to give Inquisition a chance, but I'm not holding my breath. As for Witcher 3, bring it on!

DA2 was also a rushed out POS. They took their time developing DA3, so its probably going to be a whole lot closer to what Origins was than DA2. Bioware got a massive amount of criticism for DA2 from the community. I'm more optimistic for Witcher 3, because its going to be an open world. Witcher lore + combat mechanics + open world theme is going to be a huge winner if its decently executed. Although I liked the combat in Witcher 1 a lot better than 2. And the community has pretty much let them know that. They've stated there won't be quick time events in Witcher 3, and that it was a mistake to put those in 2.
#18favcitadelstorePosted 1/23/2014 4:28:07 AM
Ah Witcher. Above average RPG series with the most god-awful UI known to man.
---
Must read Xbone board topics:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66754864 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#19jon davisPosted 1/23/2014 4:37:49 AM
aszsith posted...
Just read the article and am looking forward to the game even more.

However, 36 or more endings!?! That is bonkers! I'll barely be able to scrape together the 100 hours to complete it once.

I really hope it isn't a small number of real endings, and the rest are just the same endings with slight differences.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#20dnmtPosted 1/23/2014 4:40:43 AM(edited)
jon davis posted...
aszsith posted...
Just read the article and am looking forward to the game even more.

However, 36 or more endings!?! That is bonkers! I'll barely be able to scrape together the 100 hours to complete it once.

I really hope it isn't a small number of real endings, and the rest are just the same endings with slight differences.

We all know it's gonna be the latter, lol. I can't begin to count the number of times developers hyped up the "multiple endings" angle which then turned out to be a crock of **** upon release. That said Witcher 2 was one of the best games of last gen so I'm sure Witcher 3 will be amazing regardless.