Dead Rising 3 Ships Over A Million

#1Dev445Posted 1/23/2014 7:56:52 AM
by Matthew Kato

While Microsoft celebrates the Xbox One's recent NPD success, it looks like Capcom's Dead Rising 3 is also benefiting as an exclusive game for the system. Capcom has announced that it has shipped over one million copies of the game in territories where the console is available.

The publisher/developer didn't announce exactly how many copies it has sold, but if it's putting out press releases touting the feat, it's probably not disappointed.

In other Dead Rising 3 news, the game's Operation Broken Eagle DLC released yesterday

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/01/22/dead-rising-3-ships-a-million.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2Exodus_PrimePosted 1/23/2014 8:03:40 AM
Very well deserved,awesome game.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#3eddy_cocainePosted 1/23/2014 8:23:47 AM
I feel bad because I bought it, installed it, and have yet to play it. I hate having a busy life filled with work/kids/wedding planning. :/
---
GT: Toot Scoot PSN: CerebralLOLsy
Dear fanboys; get over yourselves. Video games are not the most important thing in life.
#4Exodus_PrimePosted 1/23/2014 8:25:29 AM
eddy_cocaine posted...
I feel bad because I bought it, installed it, and have yet to play it. I hate having a busy life filled with work/kids/wedding planning. :/

What about cocaine?
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#5MetroidFan9999Posted 1/23/2014 8:27:46 AM
Dev445 posted...
it looks like Capcom's Dead Rising 3 is also benefiting as an exclusive game for the system

XD

Yeah ok, it would probably sell at least twice that being a multiplatform title.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#6TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/23/2014 8:29:23 AM
Pretty sure they would've benefitted more from being a multiplat, especially since ps4 is beating xb1 in sales.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#7skermacPosted 1/23/2014 8:32:09 AM
Shipped, not sold. How many will set on the shelves until the price drops to $39? This game is certainly no Titanfall which is all I am interested in.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#8crucialPosted 1/23/2014 8:32:41 AM
Yet X1 is out selling PS4 on most multi plat games,it is all about game sales not consoles sold.
#9kennyynnooPosted 1/23/2014 8:34:20 AM
skermac posted...
Shipped, not sold. How many will set on the shelves until the price drops to $39? This game is certainly no Titanfall which is all I am interested in.

Shipped is sold to the company, I have zero interest in titanfall.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#10MilesTeg420Posted 1/23/2014 8:34:25 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Pretty sure they would've benefitted more from being a multiplat, especially since ps4 is beating xb1 in sales.

Unless MS money hat covers about a million sales at $60, then yeah probably. You have to think DR3 would have done well on PS4 as a launch title, especially since it wouldn't have had to compete with the MS published games.