Capcom To Add 100 Developers Per Year Through 2018

#1Dev445Posted 1/23/2014 7:15:13 AM
by Mike Futter

In a note to investors posted on Capcomís website, company chairman and CEO Kenzo Tsujimoto has laid out his plans for the coming year. In his memo, Tsujimoto lays out a number of goals for streamlining operations and and improve marketing strategy.

In 2014, Capcom will be further integrating operations and sales. It will also be bolstering itís marketing of DLC, mobile, online, and itís core brands. According to chief operating officer Haruhiro Tsujimoto, the company is targeting •30 billion ($288 million) in online sales by March 31, 2015.

Tsujimoto also says that in order to build a stronger development infrastructure, the company will be hiring 100 new developers each year. Capcom stated in May 2013 that it would be moving away from outsourcing. The company has also projected soaring development costs due to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/01/23/capcom-to-add-100-developers-per-year.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2nableetPosted 1/23/2014 7:18:23 AM
Not bad for a "broke" developer!

Let's just hope they make some good games and don't focus all their energy on 'on the disc' DLC, again...
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#3TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/23/2014 7:23:08 AM
nableet posted...
Not bad for a "broke" developer!

Let's just hope they make some good games and don't focus all their energy on 'on the disc' DLC, again...

This.

Capcom should BY FAR be the richest game company out there but they're too greedy and out of touch to take full advantage of their games. Mega Man, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, the list goes on.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#4Exodus_PrimePosted 1/23/2014 7:24:17 AM
I want my next gen Onimusha damn it.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#5skermacPosted 1/23/2014 7:30:43 AM
Hopefully we get a lot more Resident Evil games!
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#6nableetPosted 1/23/2014 7:35:54 AM
skermac posted...
Hopefully we get a lot more good Resident Evil games!

Fixed!

I'm quite interested in Deep down, but that is a PS4 exclusive so don't shoot me.

Then they had DR3 as xbone exclusive... Clearly they think selling exclusivity is a good thing to do?
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#7Jiggy101011Posted 1/23/2014 7:38:28 AM
nableet posted...
skermac posted...
Hopefully we get a lot more good Resident Evil games!

Fixed!

I'm quite interested in Deep down, but that is a PS4 exclusive so don't shoot me.

Then they had DR3 as xbone exclusive... Clearly they think selling exclusivity is a good thing to do?

If Sony or Microsoft pay them well enough for the exclusivity then yes it is a good thing to do.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#8ethanpaigePosted 1/23/2014 8:48:38 AM
Still waiting on that Dragons Dogma sequel. Such a fun game
---
---
#9stawg007Posted 1/23/2014 8:56:31 AM
Meh, the extra devs didn't help with RE6
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#10Halestorm202Posted 1/23/2014 9:47:26 AM
Can't wait for either the next mega man or street fighter if they decide to keep developing those games.