Just the beginning of a long generation of games running slower on Xbox?

#1G2584Posted 1/23/2014 8:29:37 AM
With Tomb Raider confirmed to run at only 30fps (which it did on the 360 and PS3), why can't we get the same faster speeds that the PS4 has? Did I buy the wrong console? Maybe Microsoft should've ditched Kinect in favor of better internal parts, at least matching those of the PS4. I thought the Kinect would compensate for the slower RAM, but Tomb Raider, Battlefield 4, and Ghosts are all proving the opposite.
---
Let's share a tall cup of Jesus.
#2Mindwipe77Posted 1/23/2014 8:32:02 AM
i remember when ppl played games for fun....so long ago
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Proud owner of Xbox One,PS 4 and Wii U
#3ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/23/2014 8:32:39 AM
Huh? Why would you think Kinect would do anything for performance? And seriously, who cares about this anyways? If you have both get the PS4 version because it is somewhat better. If you only have an Xbox One get the X1 version that will still be perfectly playable. People act like these differences are gigantic but chances are you won't even notice unless you're somehow playing both versions side by side.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#4Massillon_GPosted 1/23/2014 8:37:37 AM
Sell it and buy an Infamous bundle when it drops if your worried about 30 FPS games. ;)
#5muggyPosted 1/23/2014 8:38:15 AM
#dealwithit
---
Posted with GameRaven 1.1.1
#6ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/23/2014 8:40:09 AM
Massillon_G posted...
Sell it and buy an Infamous bundle when it drops if your worried about 30 FPS games. ;)

Yes, sell your xbox because of 30fps to buy a console bundle with a game that will be 30fps...
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#7NSGraphitePosted 1/23/2014 8:41:40 AM
G2584 posted...
With Tomb Raider confirmed to run at only 30fps (which it did on the 360 and PS3), why can't we get the same faster speeds that the PS4 has? Did I buy the wrong console? Maybe Microsoft should've ditched Kinect in favor of better internal parts, at least matching those of the PS4. I thought the Kinect would compensate for the slower RAM, but Tomb Raider, Battlefield 4, and Ghosts are all proving the opposite.

But....the power of the cloud.....THE CLOUD!!!!
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#8Massillon_GPosted 1/23/2014 8:42:45 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Massillon_G posted...

Yes, sell your xbox because of 30fps to buy a console bundle with a game that will be 30fps...

The wink didn't do it for you, huh? I'll try harder next time.
#9Exodus_PrimePosted 1/23/2014 8:43:47 AM
There must be a troll factory on this site somewhere, there's a new one every 20 mins or so making the same topic over and over.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
#10kingofjamaicaPosted 1/23/2014 8:57:59 AM
Massillon_G posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Massillon_G posted...

The wink didn't do it for you, huh? I'll try harder next time.

To be fair, Infamous is an open-world game running at native 1080p. Expecting 60fps at that level of graphical fidelity and that scale is a bit absurd. Would be nice though.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.