Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor: Orcs Are No Longer the Scariest Thing in Mordor

#1zerooo0Posted 1/23/2014 9:30:33 AM
www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/orcs-are-no-longer-the-scariest-thing-in-mordor

The developers now have my attention, I just need to see some gameplay now.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2ethanpaigePosted 1/23/2014 9:37:21 AM
Sounds amazing in theory... hopefully it plays like it sounds
---
---
#3AarksharkPosted 1/23/2014 10:14:27 AM
I still have my doubts about this game, even though it does look interesting.

I'm not buying the "nemesis system" thing. How often are players going to let enemies live? Are we going to be shoehorned into creating nemeses?

The combat also looks very rough, but the "Pre-Alpha Code" watermark gives me some hope that it'll be cleaned-up.

The wraith abilities look pretty interesting, however. If the game pulls off free-roam well, improves the combat, and does more to show off the nemesis system, I'll probably buy this.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#4LaManoNeraIIPosted 1/23/2014 11:50:02 AM
As a LoTR fan, incredibly disappointed. I'm surprised this even made it past the Tolkien estate. I guess they officially don't care anymore.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#5TPZmikezPosted 1/23/2014 1:44:29 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
As a LoTR fan, incredibly disappointed. I'm surprised this even made it past the Tolkien estate. I guess they officially don't care anymore.

Disappointed about...? I'm a big LoTR fan and I'm excited af for this game.
---
You down with O.P.P?
People that answered correctly: 45
#6LaManoNeraIIPosted 1/23/2014 1:54:15 PM
TPZmikez posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...

Disappointed about...? I'm a big LoTR fan and I'm excited af for this game.

How it completely ****s all over the lore? It's not just "liberties", it's a complete disregard for the entire thing. It's obvious they're just using the IP for exposure and for not having to spend any time creating a unique setting.

You can't be a serious LoTR fan and find this whole premise acceptable. It's just not LoTR. I'd be much more excited about it if it was a unique IP.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#7ukemandwnbuPosted 1/23/2014 2:06:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8Reflex-ArcPosted 1/23/2014 2:14:12 PM
Let's be honest here. Were orcs ever the scariest thing in Mordor?
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard