Doesn't it worry anyone that the xbone can't run TR at 60 fps?

#1OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/23/2014 1:28:23 PM(edited)
I'm honestly not trying to troll here, cross my heart. But isn't Tomb Raider Definitive Edition a port of a ps3/360 game? If it can't run that at 60 fps, how well is it going to run more intensive games like MGS 5 of FF XV? Are they going to have to make cuts or something for the xbone release?
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#2cheezedadadaPosted 1/23/2014 1:25:48 PM
My honest answer: I dont judge any games in a consoles launch window. If a year from now when the developers have had time to work out the quirks still leads to games being 30FPS on Xbox One and 60FPS on PS4, then thats different. As of right now, the Xbox One is a new beast and its too early to say what will happen.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#3XXXRiceWVXXXPosted 1/23/2014 1:27:56 PM
It's programming, it's pathetic that you people are going crazy about this. Games coded specifically for the system will run 60fps. This was the same case for the ps3 when it came to launch titles that were brought to next gen. I own both systems, I'm buying tomb raider regardless. You can't tell the difference regardless what the trolls and fanboys want to argue.
---
xxxRice WVxxx///Most Wanted/// (1.) Titanfall (2.) Infamous: SS (3.) Kilzone: SF (4.) Ryse (5.) Watch Dogs (6.) Dragon Age: inquisition
#4OpheliaAdenade(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 1:29:13 PM
XXXRiceWVXXX posted...
It's programming, it's pathetic that you people are going crazy about this. Games coded specifically for the system will run 60fps. This was the same case for the ps3 when it came to launch titles that were brought to next gen. I own both systems, I'm buying tomb raider regardless. You can't tell the difference regardless what the trolls and fanboys want to argue.

But are you buying TR for the xbone or the ps4? :v
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#5teehee23Posted 1/23/2014 1:31:00 PM
Nah.
If the Xbox #1 version had slowdown or was an unplayable mess like Bayonetta for ps3 then there's a problem.
But that's not the case here.

You're welcome.
---
Don't hate Xbox #1 because you can't get a girlfriend.
#6ILikeGamesManPosted 1/23/2014 1:32:04 PM
Cheeze and Rice pretty much summed up what I was going to say. Hmm, Cheeze and rice. Yum.
#7XXXRiceWVXXXPosted 1/23/2014 1:33:40 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
XXXRiceWVXXX posted...

Leaning toward the X1, my preference is as simple as the controller. I prefer my X1 controller. As far as frame rate they said DR3 was bad also and I never noticed and loved the game. FPS is flame war bait and nothing more. It's a pathetic piece of info that if a joke of a site like IGNorant didn't post no one would give a damn.
---
xxxRice WVxxx///Most Wanted/// (1.) Titanfall (2.) Infamous: SS (3.) Kilzone: SF (4.) Ryse (5.) Watch Dogs (6.) Dragon Age: inquisition
#8Reflex-ArcPosted 1/23/2014 1:35:16 PM
Not particularly, no.

If the last generation taught us anything, it's that any game in the hands of a talented developer can end up looking and playing wonderfully despite the limitations of the hardware. Resolution or frames per second be damned.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#9cheezedadadaPosted 1/23/2014 1:35:41 PM
XXXRiceWVXXX posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
XXXRiceWVXXX posted...

Leaning toward the X1, my preference is as simple as the controller. I prefer my X1 controller. As far as frame rate they said DR3 was bad also and I never noticed and loved the game. FPS is flame war bait and nothing more. It's a pathetic piece of info that if a joke of a site like IGNorant didn't post no one would give a damn.

I think most people know that 30FPS or higher is fine. Its just more potential ammo for people to use. The only time framerate is an issue is when it dips below those standard levels and ends up in Jak & Daxter or Ratchet & Clank FFA for the Vita area.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#10Aqua_TCPosted 1/23/2014 1:36:39 PM
IGN confirmed it was 30 fps on both consoles 2 hours ago...