ms. xbone sells through 3.9m in 2013 - fastest selling console of all time

#1611nternationa7Posted 1/24/2014 2:03:47 AM
aszsith posted...
I forgot, Sony doesn't pay for shipping, R&D, first party development, retailer cuts, etc either. Oh, they do? Then your point is moot.

Moreover, those items are not included in a gross margin analysis anyway.

From an accounting standpoint, the only items considered in GROSS MARGIN are the SALES and the COST OF GOODS SOLD. Those items were compared to one another equally.

Sales = the price multiply by units
Costs of Good Sold = the costs of the actual components. Shipping, employee wages, insurance, R&D, other deals are NOT included as they are account for elsewhere on the financial documents.

You are trying to point out NET PROFIT, which subtracts EXPENSES from GROSS MARGIN. Since we don't know the figures for expenses, we can't elaborate on them for either company.

If you need an accounting class, they are offered at education facilities around the world.

He's implying greater costs not nonexistent costs. Read his post more carefully. Your second point stands though.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#16295_EclipsePosted 1/24/2014 2:12:55 AM
blax34dm posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
zhaoyun99 posted...
affro786 posted...
3.9 million SHIPPED not sold through.

900k of UNSOLD stock still sits with retailers.

Sales are still around 3 million. Which we knew already.

PS4 has surpassed 4.2 million and is the fastest selling console of all time.

Btw PS4 came out a week earlier ONLY in the US. Everywhere else the X1 was a week earlier.

X1 sold 1 million in 24 hours on launch day with US/EU/UK/Australia combined.

PS4 sold 1 million in 24 hours in US alone. When it launched in EU/UK/Aus it sold another million in 24 hours. Effectively 2 million in 24 hours had the launch been on the same day

Wake up TC

Here you go. We got the winner here. This guy deserved a good old fashion SSStylish Rank.

This should be quoted on every page until they give up trying to spin doctor this, and drawing in trolls.

Seems like everyone missed the guy who posted this link but it should also end the debate:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2014/01/23/why-ps4-is-selling-faster-than-xbox-one/

---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#163aszsithPosted 1/24/2014 2:13:29 AM
Aceviper posted...
that was my point

Gross Margins mean nothing

its all about the net profit if you want to go on an tangent about money made

So you obviously have no business or accounting experience. It's okay. Not everyone does. You are completely wrong though. Net profit is essentially what is left over for the stock holders after the bills are paid. Many companies make little to no net profit and are still very successful companies.

Gross Margins mean a considerable deal to companies and investors. Don't believe me? Here are 3 articles that explain exactly why.

http://www.sba.gov/community/blogs/community-blogs/small-business-cents/understanding-gross-margin-and-how-it-can-make-

http://www.thebusinessowner.com/business-guidance/accounting/2009/09/business-basics-gross-profit-and-gross-profit-margin

http://newhope360.com/product-development/5-reasons-great-investors-brands-focus-gross-margin
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#164AceviperPosted 1/24/2014 2:23:30 AM(edited)
aszsith posted...
Aceviper posted...
that was my point

So you obviously have no business or accounting experience. It's okay. Not everyone does. You are completely wrong though. Net profit is essentially what is left over for the stock holders after the bills are paid. Many companies make little to no net profit and are still very successful companies.

Gross Margins mean a considerable deal to companies and investors. Don't believe me? Here are 3 articles that explain exactly why.

http://www.sba.gov/community/blogs/community-blogs/small-business-cents/understanding-gross-margin-and-how-it-can-make-

http://www.thebusinessowner.com/business-guidance/accounting/2009/09/business-basics-gross-profit-and-gross-profit-margin

http://newhope360.com/product-development/5-reasons-great-investors-brands-focus-gross-margin

sounds like you didn't even read those articles you posted

they pretty much talk about why its important to consider in terms of making calculations for the net profit down the line, with the net profit being the all important end goal. They also detail costs that are very important that you conveniently left out in your 'analysis', some of which I alluded to.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#165TBONE_OGPosted 1/24/2014 2:23:11 AM(edited)
Rome218 posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
TBONE_OG...
I actually PLAYED it a little bit last night, and it was pretty cool. Feels epic. There's customization for your single player guy and multiplayer guy.

Oh and there's multiplayer -- so there's replay value.

Don't listen to the haters here (or pretty much the poster, G1ingy), sounds like he's just going by what he's read on the internet.

Wake up TC

So basically, you are the lowest common denominator, i.e., the target demographic, for Ryse and Xbox One.

I hope that all PS4 owners are as open minded as Caliber.
Caliber did what MS did, a 180.
CaIiber180 should have bought an Xbox One too, and I think he knows this.

Haha. Now this is funny to see. I was just scanning through this insanely trolled topic and noticed it. Cailber tried so hard right here. So mad.

Nice to see at least one rager is possibly changing his tune.... no more Kelly Clarkson haha!
---
Always O.G.
#166aszsithPosted 1/24/2014 2:38:00 AM
Aceviper posted...
aszsith posted...
Aceviper posted...
that was my point

sounds like you didn't even read those articles you posted

they pretty much talk about why its important to consider in terms of making calculations for the net profit down the line, with the net profit being the all important end goal.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about

Go ahead and actually read those articles if you want to learn why you are so completely and utterly incorrect in your assessment. When you are done hit CTRL+F and type NET into the find box. I specifically chose those articles because 2 of the 3 of them don't even contain the word NET in the article body (one mentions NET INCOME, but that isn't profit).

What all 3 articles DO talk about though is that to even have a chance at operating as a profitable company the MOST IMPORTANT factor to analyze is GROSS MARGIN. Yes, the bottom line is profitability, but that isn't achievable without understanding GROSS PROFIT.

You stated, "Gross Margins mean nothing" This is completely incorrect and even when proven wrong, you defend yourself by trying to discredit the person who proved you wrong, and in the process you proved that you either didn't read or didn't understand the articles.

Well, you've been proven wrong. You can continue to argue the point to make yourself feel better, but that won't change that your statement was totally incorrect. Maturity dictates that you should accept that, learn from it, and move on. Immaturity would be to continue to argue a a stance that has been disproven just to get the last word in. I'll let you prove your character.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#167AceviperPosted 1/24/2014 2:42:20 AM
ok so replace Net profit with Gross Profit, which would still apply with what I said before. You were the one who used 'net' profit first. I was only using that term at you because thats what you used.

Gross Margin is still pointless to talk about. Gross Profit is the one to consider here. Your articles even detail how Gross Margin is only useful for considering Gross Profit.

now you are just arguing semantics because you are wrong.

I don't think I need to argue any further with someone trying to argue that a company is 'making more money' by losing more money overall.
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#168CaIiber345Posted 1/24/2014 2:51:05 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
Rome218 posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
TBONE_OG...
I actually PLAYED it a little bit last night, and it was pretty cool. Feels epic. There's customization for your single player guy and multiplayer guy.

Oh and there's multiplayer -- so there's replay value.

Don't listen to the haters here (or pretty much the poster, G1ingy), sounds like he's just going by what he's read on the internet.

Wake up TC

So basically, you are the lowest common denominator, i.e., the target demographic, for Ryse and Xbox One.

I hope that all PS4 owners are as open minded as Caliber.
Caliber did what MS did, a 180.
CaIiber180 should have bought an Xbox One too, and I think he knows this.

Haha. Now this is funny to see. I was just scanning through this insanely trolled topic and noticed it. Cailber tried so hard right here. So mad.

Nice to see at least one rager is possibly changing his tune.... no more Kelly Clarkson haha!

What does Kelly Clarkson have to do with anything? I listen to her, Beethoven, Andres Segovia, Iron Maiden, The Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Cee-Lo, Bach, Aerosmith, Eminem, DIO, Alter Bridge, 30 Seconds to Mars, Kool Keith, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Seger, Megadeth, house music, trance music, The Doors, Metallica, All That Remains, so on and so forth. But let me guess...those are all horrible bands and musicians because you don't like them. I'll save you from having to post that.

I'm not mad. I'm opening my mind to investing in Xbox One despite my dislike of many of its features. It's not my fault that some of you here are fanboys and have ridiculous reasons and arguments for why you like Xbox One, and think to pile it on other people. The same goes for Sony fanboys. I like a lot of products, but I don't go around championing how much they sell to prove that they're "winning" anything.

Some of you really don't understand how to look at something from multiple angles and be able to agree with more than one of those angles. You take hardline stances on things because it's easier that way. Accepting that the world is hundreds of shades of black, white, gray, and every other color requires a lot more thought than you are willing to put into it. But go ahead and keep thinking that the things you like are the best because you like them. The world is starting to be ruled by people like that, so I'm going to be SOL soon.
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 5
#169TheGovenorPosted 1/24/2014 3:33:13 AM
KillerC15122 posted...
Okay Sony Fanboy boobs who keep quoting the 3.9 to 4.2 million sales figures. Last time I checked this topic never stated the Xbox1 has sold more than any other console period. Let's use math goobers. If Sony sold from day "zero" to day 12 10 consoles and Microsoft sold from their day "zero" to day 10, 10 consoles then Microsoft reached 10 consoles faster than Sony by 2 days. Now we plug in different numbers and different days and Microsoft sold their consoles faster.

"ms. xbone sells through 3.9m in 2013 - fastest selling console of all time" AGAIN THIS IS THE TOPIC. I even capitalized each letter to further emphasize to the blind out there because clearly some of you appear to be. No names shall be mentioned to protect the ignorant and mentally handicapped.

Except they did not "sell through" 3.9 they actually sold through around 3 million to consumers. The 3.9m number is the shipped quantity which leaves about 900,000 unsold xbox ones. No fanboy nonsense just facts. Sony has actually sold through 4.2 million consoles TO THE CONSUMER compared to the 3 million value MS themselves announced.

Take that however you may...
---
I don't like shrimp. Do i deserve to live?
#170SpotlessedenPosted 1/24/2014 3:41:57 AM
TheGovenor posted...
KillerC15122 posted...

Except they did not "sell through" 3.9 they actually sold through around 3 million to consumers. The 3.9m number is the shipped quantity which leaves about 900,000 unsold xbox ones. No fanboy nonsense just facts. Sony has actually sold through 4.2 million consoles TO THE CONSUMER compared to the 3 million value MS themselves announced.

Take that however you may...

you know MS already got the money for those units right? They sold it to retailers.