ms. xbone sells through 3.9m in 2013 - fastest selling console of all time

#181NavexPosted 1/24/2014 6:00:13 AM(edited)
It just kills MS that they lost the beginning battle for this generation to Sony that they keep spouting off these BS claims lol. This is especially rich considering just days ago that article came out revealing they are paying Youtubers money to endorse their product with good reviews. They will say anything at this point in desperation to make people think they've outsold the PS4. The public has spoken: everywhere around here I have seen tons of Ones since Black Friday but no PS4s.

Personally I intend to get a One down the road when I have a need for one though I probably would get a PS4 if my friends all used it. Not saying I'm going with whatever they go with blind but we play our games together since the PS2 days so I need to stick with MS. I'm also going with the One as it seems Sony barely has any exclusives these days or rather exclusives I care about.
---
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kungfury/kung-fury
#182MetroidFan9999Posted 1/24/2014 6:01:50 AM
Eh...over half these "BS claims" are coming from it's delusional fanbase.

Yeah, "fastest selling" is the most spin worthy statement by MS, but come on...look at this topic, much of it is the xbox trolls.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#183drclaeysPosted 1/24/2014 6:11:39 AM
Friends,

This really is kinda funny. After all the BAD press xbone got, Starting with the name, to the DRM to the Kinnect spying on you. It seems like negative press every week.

Now they are selling left and right. MS is announcing profits above estimates, because of xbone and some other stuff.

Sony really made a big mistake by not making enough boxes. Not getting enough games lined up. M$ is really going crazy.

I guess im a tad bit proud, because they are a US company, and they were last in the console race, and are doing so well.

Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Chris Christie for 2016, if you dont vote for him, he will shut down all your bridges. Sandy Relief money, I THOUGHT that was mine.
#184colstripcapnPosted 1/24/2014 6:22:50 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
TMOG posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
TMOG posted...
How could it be the fastest selling console of all time if the PS4 came out only a week earlier and is outselling it by over one million units despite having a demand that greatly exceeds the supply

Xbone hit 3.9 million faster in less time than ps4 did. Its in the report.

1 - No they didn't, the PS4 was over 3.9 million long before the Xbone hit that mark
2 - No it isn't, the only mention of Xbone sales figures were where they said "Xbone sold 3.9 million, X360 sold 3.5 million"... comparisons to competitors' consoles or their sales data are not in that report

According to the report the Xbone hit 3.9 million sold through after 32 days. PS4 was 37 days.

Where do you see that?

Microsoft
Microsoft Corp. today announced revenue of $24.52 billion for the quarter ended December 31, 2013.
The company sold 7.4 million Xbox console units into the retail channel, including 3.9 million Xbox One consoles and 3.5 million Xbox 360 consoles.

November 22 to December 31 is 40 days and not 32.

*adds fuel to the fire and runs*

Seriously... who cares.... they're both successful....
---
Helpful Social Final Fantasy XIV Free Company - Ultros Server
sss.darkjedi.org
#185chrish909Posted 1/24/2014 6:38:35 AM
The only reason metroid comes to this board is because he is butthurt ffrom like 10 years ago when ps3 released and he got trolled.

Guys its pretty simple, x1 outsold ps4 when it comes to retailers, no need to get your panties in a bunch.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#186AWarAmp84Posted 1/24/2014 7:01:40 AM
When are people going to realize that nobody cares which console has sold more? McDonalds is the top selling fast food chain in the world but does that mean it's the best? Hell no! Wendy's all the way!
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#187MetroidFan9999Posted 1/24/2014 7:03:04 AM
chrish909 posted...
The only reason metroid comes to this board is because he is butthurt ffrom like 10 years ago when ps3 released and he got trolled.

Guys its pretty simple, x1 outsold ps4 when it comes to retailers, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Because 4.2 < 3.9

"Hey guyz, it's pretty simple! I am good at math!"
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#188blitz_0623Posted 1/24/2014 7:05:19 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
chrish909 posted...

Because 4.2 < 3.9

"Hey guyz, it's pretty simple! I am good at math!"

3.9 SHIPPED.

Total units sold globally is ~3.2. And btw PS4 is already at ~4.5. Not sure where TC is getting this fastest selling console of all time. Maybe in NA, but definitely not worldwide seeing as the PS4 released 1 week later and is ahead by 1+m already
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#189RedBullWingsPosted 1/24/2014 8:15:51 AM
chrish909 posted...

This makes no logical sense. If the Xbox shipped 3.9 million by Dec. 31st, and the PS4 sold 4.2 million by Dec. 31st, then using logic that means they also shipped 4.2 million by that date.

Either way you look at it, the PS4 sold and shipped faster.

It's sad this topic has as many responses as it does; these facts are indisputable and people have wasted over 150 replies trying to convince trolls not to be delusional -- that's not going to happen. They know the truth, but the enjoy ****ing with people.
#190TheArcadePosted 1/24/2014 8:27:55 AM
Ch3wy posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
lol @ pony logic. This doesn't count because it's shipped, yet when $ony ships 4 million P$3 in order to try to outsell the 360 it counted because that's all that matters, the manufacturer got their money.

ahhh feels good to win last gen and winning this gen despite being $100 more expensive :)

You do know that Sony sold more PS3's than Xbox 360s right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

Xbox 360 82.9 million
Playstation 3 80 million
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends