3.9 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped in 2013 (updated article)

#31RedZakuPosted 1/24/2014 11:02:18 AM
Rome218 posted...
This doesn't make any sense at all! I have been listening you guys with anime and Japanese video game characters in their name for the longest time now, and according to them, Xbox Ones are stockpiled in their stores. One claimed to have seen 30 stacks at his best buy.

That would indicate it's not selling!

I will trust random people with names I cannot pronounce because it appears to be Japanese or something, over an article from a website that dedicates themselves to video games! ;( Thread marked for trolling.

What doesn't make sense? According to MS's own numbers 900,000 consoles ARE sitting on store shelves.
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more than the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.
#32pplschamp316Posted 1/24/2014 11:46:54 AM
RedZaku posted...

What doesn't make sense? According to MS's own numbers 900,000 consoles ARE sitting on store shelves.

Technically, that is not true. Most companies ship more products are the end of a quarter to bolster their numbers. So is theory, they could have shipped XBox Ones on Dec. 31, 2013 but retailers were unable to sell them to consumers until 2014 since they were in transit. I'm not saying that all 900k were in transit, but the number on selves unsold was much lower than what everyone is posting.
---
GT: PplsChamp316
#3395_EclipsePosted 1/24/2014 11:47:54 AM
RedZaku posted...
Rome218 posted...
This doesn't make any sense at all! I have been listening you guys with anime and Japanese video game characters in their name for the longest time now, and according to them, Xbox Ones are stockpiled in their stores. One claimed to have seen 30 stacks at his best buy.

That would indicate it's not selling!

I will trust random people with names I cannot pronounce because it appears to be Japanese or something, over an article from a website that dedicates themselves to video games! ;( Thread marked for trolling.

Put your Xbox fanboy goggles on! You'll see that "Sold to retailers" means "sold to customers!"
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#34HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/24/2014 11:51:46 AM
pplschamp316 posted...
RedZaku posted...

Technically, that is not true. Most companies ship more products are the end of a quarter to bolster their numbers. So is theory, they could have shipped XBox Ones on Dec. 31, 2013 but retailers were unable to sell them to consumers until 2014 since they were in transit. I'm not saying that all 900k were in transit, but the number on selves unsold was much lower than what everyone is posting.

Nah. MS shipments have been based on "delivered to retailers" since 360 launched, probably on the original Xbox too, but I cant be bothered to look it up.

The good news is the MS rep confirmed almost all were sold to consumers, as their own fiscal report iterated.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#35ejay8320Posted 1/24/2014 11:55:36 AM
TheBorderCollie posted...
xxtasy911 posted...
CKnight posted...
Xbox owners continue to eat up more software than other console owners. As I said before the Xbox One could end up selling 40 million and the PS4 50 million this gen and the Xbox One would still be an enticing place to put exclusives.

It's not always about who pushes more consoles as Nintendo showed us but which fanbase buys the most games.

Also all these games sold on a non-gaming media box, weird.

Why would a company find XB1 more enticing for an exclusive if its costumer base is smaller and the console is less powerful?

Because it's not just about the number of consoles sold....It's ultimately about the consumer software attach rate. XB1 owners so far are buying more software, which makes it a more attractive platform.

While true, what many here are forgetting to mention is that PS4 has a decent collection of F2P games + the instant game collection.

If you don't think that will affect sales your just being naive. Instead of buying 3 games a PS4 owner could buy 2 games and a PS+ sub and get an additional games Or even not buy any games and just play the F2P games available.

Not saying this is the norm, but it will have an affect on retail sales.
#36RedZakuPosted 1/24/2014 11:58:26 AM
ejay8320 posted...
xxtasy911 posted...
CKnight posted...
Xbox owners continue to eat up more software than other console owners. As I said before the Xbox One could end up selling 40 million and the PS4 50 million this gen and the Xbox One would still be an enticing place to put exclusives.

It's not always about who pushes more consoles as Nintendo showed us but which fanbase buys the most games.

Why would a company find XB1 more enticing for an exclusive if its costumer base is smaller and the console is less powerful?

Because it's not just about the number of consoles sold....It's ultimately about the consumer software attach rate. XB1 owners so far are buying more software, which makes it a more attractive platform.

While true, what many here are forgetting to mention is that PS4 has a decent collection of F2P games + the instant game collection.

If you don't think that will affect sales your just being naive. Instead of buying 3 games a PS4 owner could buy 2 games and a PS+ sub and get an additional games Or even not buy any games and just play the F2P games available.

Actually what they're forgetting is the numbers for the software buy rates for the XBox One are based only on US Sales, and only in December when the Ps4 was going through shortages for most of the month. The PS4 can't move software if it's not selling consistently because of a shortage, so MS can use only these numbers and spin them to tell whatever story they want to go with. It's brilliant marketing, but disingenuous at best.
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more than the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.
#37HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/24/2014 12:03:39 PM
RedZaku posted...
ejay8320 posted...
xxtasy911 posted...
CKnight posted...

Actually what they're forgetting is the numbers for the software buy rates for the XBox One are based only on US Sales, and only in December when the Ps4 was going through shortages for most of the month. The PS4 can't move software if it's not selling consistently because of a shortage, so MS can use only these numbers and spin them to tell whatever story they want to go with. It's brilliant marketing, but disingenuous at best.

Not just for December. The tweet was prefixed YTD 2013. CoD sold better on Xbone despite being released on PS4 2 weeks earlier.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg