Why brag about software sales?

#31zephirrainesPosted 1/24/2014 9:56:04 AM
I cant believe i have to explain this. Developers dont care about hardware sales. They get nothing from it. They care about software. Low install base like the vita means likelyhood for low software sales so devs dont support it. Meaning less games for vita owners.

High install base but with low software sales like the Wii also scares aways devs. So for gsmers software sales means more than hardware because it encourages more third party support.

Ponies wanted to see the xbox fail and this is proof that its a success. Meaning xbox wont lose third party support while still having exclusives and the ps4 has well nothing.
#32HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/24/2014 10:00:03 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
This fanboy war is stupid, especially since a large portion of the "soldiers" are adults. Regardless, I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that Xbox has better retail software at this point. Come on now, ps4 players are hyping RESOGUN...really? Resogun? How many people are gonna run out to buy Ryse, DR3, and Forza compared to Killzone or Knack? Not to mention, the Plus games (and maybe one retail game) are keeping a lot of people satisfied until the other stuff comes. A lot of the ps4 exclusives are free to download.

That being said, how is Xbox having more retail software sales surprising or something worth bragging about?

Idk man, but when I see

More BF and CoD sales on Xbone despite resolution gate
Ryse selling as much as Killzone
XBOX live increasing revenue by 23% this quarter

it tells a man, PS4 is the rebound guy trying to make the xbone jealous so they drop the price.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#33Rome218Posted 1/24/2014 10:04:03 AM
I agree with why brag about software sales. I think this is a more of payback to people. They should just make a thread for software sales + resolution and fps so the annoying people can have a place to get on each other's nerves.

As far as PS+ and the playstation exclusives.

The last I checked, they only have one game and it's a one year old pc indie game. o_O
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#34TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 10:40:59 AM
zephirraines posted...
I cant believe i have to explain this. Developers dont care about hardware sales. They get nothing from it. They care about software. Low install base like the vita means likelyhood for low software sales so devs dont support it. Meaning less games for vita owners.

High install base but with low software sales like the Wii also scares aways devs. So for gsmers software sales means more than hardware because it encourages more third party support.

Ponies wanted to see the xbox fail and this is proof that its a success. Meaning xbox wont lose third party support while still having exclusives and the ps4 has well nothing.

Could be true, who knows. But I do think it's funny that I never heard this before. All people ever said was more console sales mean more third party support but now that the console you're against is the one that's ahead, it's software sales that really matter. Unless you show me a statement of a dev team saying that, I just have to chalk it up to being yet another bogus Gfaqs theory stated as fact in a hostile manner.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#35TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 10:45:32 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
This fanboy war is stupid

Yet you try your very best to instigate more of the s*** storm.

That's your problem if that's the way you chose to interpret this topic. I'm not taking sides, I'm using logical reasoning. Until I own stock in either company, I'm not goin to go back and forth with people about sales.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#36horror_spookyPosted 1/24/2014 11:10:49 AM
Rome218 posted...
I agree with why brag about software sales. I think this is a more of payback to people. They should just make a thread for software sales + resolution and fps so the annoying people can have a place to get on each other's nerves.

As far as PS+ and the playstation exclusives.

The last I checked, they only have one game and it's a one year old pc indie game. o_O

Resogun is pretty good...Knack is one of the most underrated games ever, same with Ryse.
---
Just when they think they got the answers, I change the questions..
www.cheatmasters.com
#37BadLuckIncPosted 1/24/2014 12:08:11 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
This fanboy war is stupid, especially since a large portion of the "soldiers" are adults. Regardless, I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that Xbox has better retail software at this point. Come on now, ps4 players are hyping RESOGUN...really? Resogun? How many people are gonna run out to buy Ryse, DR3, and Forza compared to Killzone or Knack? Not to mention, the Plus games (and maybe one retail game) are keeping a lot of people satisfied until the other stuff comes. A lot of the ps4 exclusives are free to download.

That being said, how is Xbox having more retail software sales surprising or something worth bragging about?

I rather my soldiers be adults, and not children.
---
Xbox One Day 1 Edition! Unleash The Ultra Beast!
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#38teeebzPosted 1/24/2014 12:11:48 PM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
And here... we... go...

When I read that I did it in the joker tone from the dark knight. Anyone else?
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#39method115Posted 1/24/2014 1:06:46 PM
That's where all the money is made. You want more users to buy your console cause generally that leads to more software sales.
---
PSN: method114
#40cloudriveraPosted 1/24/2014 1:43:49 PM
teeebz posted...
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
And here... we... go...

When I read that I did it in the joker tone from the dark knight. Anyone else?

I.....think that was the point lol
---
currently playing:Final Fantasy 4