Why brag about software sales?

#51TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 3:16:17 PM
zephirraines posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
zephirraines posted...
I cant believe i have to explain this. Developers dont care about hardware sales. They get nothing from it. They care about software. Low install base like the vita means likelyhood for low software sales so devs dont support it. Meaning less games for vita owners.

High install base but with low software sales like the Wii also scares aways devs. So for gsmers software sales means more than hardware because it encourages more third party support.

Ponies wanted to see the xbox fail and this is proof that its a success. Meaning xbox wont lose third party support while still having exclusives and the ps4 has well nothing.

Could be true, who knows. But I do think it's funny that I never heard this before. All people ever said was more console sales mean more third party support but now that the console you're against is the one that's ahead, it's software sales that really matter. Unless you show me a statement of a dev team saying that, I just have to chalk it up to being yet another bogus Gfaqs theory stated as fact in a hostile manner.

Look at the devs backing off the vita and wiiu because of low sales. You really think they Arent paying attention to software sales very closely right now?

This is common sense.

Doesn't help your argument when both of those have low hardware sales compared to their competitors. Like I said, show me something that shows a dev saying software sales numbers are what really matter. Otherwise you're just giving us your theory while acting like it's fact.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#52LostOdyssey17Posted 1/24/2014 3:22:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#53Rome218Posted 1/24/2014 3:34:37 PM
horror_spooky posted...
Rome218 posted...
I agree with why brag about software sales. I think this is a more of payback to people. They should just make a thread for software sales + resolution and fps so the annoying people can have a place to get on each other's nerves.

As far as PS+ and the playstation exclusives.

The last I checked, they only have one game and it's a one year old pc indie game. o_O

Resogun is pretty good...Knack is one of the most underrated games ever, same with Ryse.

Ryse is my favorite game this gen, I was talking about playstation exclusives on the PSN+.

Is Knack already on there?

I enjoyed reading your reader review.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#54horror_spookyPosted 1/24/2014 10:36:52 PM
Rome218 posted...
horror_spooky posted...
Rome218 posted...
I agree with why brag about software sales. I think this is a more of payback to people. They should just make a thread for software sales + resolution and fps so the annoying people can have a place to get on each other's nerves.

As far as PS+ and the playstation exclusives.

The last I checked, they only have one game and it's a one year old pc indie game. o_O

Resogun is pretty good...Knack is one of the most underrated games ever, same with Ryse.

Ryse is my favorite game this gen, I was talking about playstation exclusives on the PSN+.

Is Knack already on there?

I enjoyed reading your reader review.

I'm glad you enjoyed my review. =P

I thought you meant all PS4 exclusives, so I guess I misread your post. D:

Knack is not on PS Plus right now, but it probably will be. I would bet money that it will be put on the service by the end of 2014.
---
Just when they think they got the answers, I change the questions..
www.cheatmasters.com
#55Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 1/24/2014 10:44:24 PM
teeebz posted...
cloudrivera posted...
teeebz posted...
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
And here... we... go...

When I read that I did it in the joker tone from the dark knight. Anyone else?

I.....think that was the point lol

No, I actually said it....out loud...and I moved my hand into the air like he does in the movie

Of course I wasn't expecting anything to blow up...

Yea, intention delivered!

As cliche as it is, I say it around the house all the time, hand wave included. Usually before an errand or a movie viewing. It pisses the wife off most royally.
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#56Spetsnaz420Posted 1/25/2014 3:19:17 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
This fanboy war is stupid, especially since a large portion of the "soldiers" are adults. Regardless, I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that Xbox has better retail software at this point. Come on now, ps4 players are hyping RESOGUN...really? Resogun? How many people are gonna run out to buy Ryse, DR3, and Forza compared to Killzone or Knack? Not to mention, the Plus games (and maybe one retail game) are keeping a lot of people satisfied until the other stuff comes. A lot of the ps4 exclusives are free to download.

That being said, how is Xbox having more retail software sales surprising or something worth bragging about?

I rather my soldiers be adults, and not children.

Adult =/= Grown up
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#57horror_spookyPosted 1/25/2014 7:21:48 AM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
teeebz posted...
cloudrivera posted...
teeebz posted...
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
And here... we... go...

When I read that I did it in the joker tone from the dark knight. Anyone else?

I.....think that was the point lol

No, I actually said it....out loud...and I moved my hand into the air like he does in the movie

Of course I wasn't expecting anything to blow up...

Yea, intention delivered!

As cliche as it is, I say it around the house all the time, hand wave included. Usually before an errand or a movie viewing. It pisses the wife off most royally.

*steals*
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#58IroncondorzPosted 1/25/2014 7:46:25 AM
hmm

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Troll_27fbb3_1691933.jpg
#59horror_spookyPosted 1/25/2014 8:43:02 AM
^ hahaha that link is awesome
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#60LostOdyssey17Posted 1/25/2014 8:46:01 AM
My post gets deleted but this dirty topic remains? Gamefaqs is going down the pooper.
---
I'm not one of you, I'm not a nerd. I talk to women. Be jealous.