So how much larger do you think Open-World games can possibly be this gen?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So how much larger do you think Open-World games can possibly be this gen?

User Info: BiggyDX

BiggyDX
3 years ago#1
I know the quality has to be good, but I'm wondering how far they could actually push the game-space. Considering that there's also the Cloud or other Server-processing utilities available, it seem's like game worlds could easily be 3x what the biggest were this current gen.

Also, while I think the game worlds might be larger, I don't think developers would make it too large (for the sake of keeping graphical fidelity and uniqueness).
Gamertag: Biggy DX

User Info: WartPig_

WartPig_
3 years ago#2
smaller. its all about graphics and resolution. not gameplay.
sad i know.
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"

User Info: SythisTaru

SythisTaru
3 years ago#3
Well, I'm just excited to see Bethesda's next game. This time, they tried to fit the WHOLE Skyrim on 1 dvd (So Xbox wouldn't have disk swapping). This bottlenecked the game for PC and other systems. But now, with this new-gen, they only have to worry about fitting it on 1 Blu-Ray. So they go from having around 6-9gigs of space, to having 50 to work with.

User Info: Mvsevm_of_Skin

Mvsevm_of_Skin
3 years ago#4
As large as your imagination allows...

...or 25.3 square miles. Whichever comes first.
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!

User Info: bigboyhowdy2

bigboyhowdy2
3 years ago#5
I suppose that all depends on how big the developer wants to make the game world.
XBL GT: CosmicVagabonde

User Info: 2ndAtomisk

2ndAtomisk
3 years ago#6
I'll just say this. Elder Scrolls games have big worlds yet they only take place on a single continent. Elder Scrolls online gives you the entire Elder Scrolls world. So I'm going to guess that they can get at least five times larger.
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine

User Info: stalemate_666

stalemate_666
3 years ago#7
They can be as big as developers want, even on ps3/360 the limitation was more practical then technological.
psn: Stalemate666

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
3 years ago#8
Look at the preview for The Crew, a shrunk down version of the US, looks like it has several large cities spread.
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
3 years ago#9
stalemate_666 posted...
They can be as big as developers want, even on ps3/360 the limitation was more practical then technological.

This right here. Just Cause for example had a ridiculous huge game world and imo it was way too big. I would rather have a smaller world with more to do than have a huge world like that empty and that is a pain to travel across.

Dead Rising 3 already shows that developers are taking advantage of the new hardware in this way. DR3 isn't a gigantic environment but it has no loading and is filled to brim with zombies. Capcom Vancouver couldn't have done that on last gen systems.
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim

User Info: RaRitsujun

RaRitsujun
3 years ago#10
As large as the bone.
18700 XBL Gamerscores | 43 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So how much larger do you think Open-World games can possibly be this gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived