The biggest problem I have with the Xbox One is the notification system

#1MasterDuoPosted 1/23/2014 6:03:58 PM
Patches and updates are downloaded and installed without any warning or explanation of what has been done. You just see the name of the game or app in the notifications and that's all. At least have a list of what was updated. If I didn't hear about the patch for Dead Rising 3 here on this board or online I wouldn't have even known it happened. Today 4 apps were updated in the notifications bar and I have no idea what it did. This is a huge problem. On the PS4 they warn you and give you a list of what is in a patch or update. This annoys me so much.
---
PSN: duoreign *NBA2K14 and ASC4* Xbox: masterduo *Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct*
Heat and Mavs fan from Sacramento since 95'
#2unclekoolaid73Posted 1/23/2014 7:21:41 PM
All the flaws this system has and this is your biggest problem?
#3rusty12000Posted 1/23/2014 7:22:01 PM
lol
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#4koichiPosted 1/23/2014 7:24:00 PM
turn off automatic update and then youll wait longer, but know whats going on.

side question: does that globe in the upper left tell you things like this or is it just achievements?
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#5MasterDuo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 8:07:14 PM
unclekoolaid73 posted...

Yes. I don't find anything else to really be a problem. I'm happy with the system. I've had no problems otherwise. And turning off automatic updates will do nothing to help this. I still won't know what is being updated.
---
PSN: duoreign *NBA2K14 and ASC4* Xbox: masterduo *Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct*
#6koichiPosted 1/24/2014 3:14:03 AM
MasterDuo posted...
unclekoolaid73 posted...

And turning off automatic updates will do nothing to help this. I still won't know what is being updated.

turning off automatic updates makes it so it asks you if you want to update the game when it launches(if there is an update). So if you dont know whats updating when you have AU off, then you need to stop drinking or smoking whatever it is.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#7Spetsnaz420Posted 1/24/2014 4:48:56 AM
Both systems lack notifications for friends coming online... They should come up with a favourites list so you can choose what friends you want notifications for
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#8MasterDuo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 6:06:39 AM
koichi posted...
MasterDuo posted...
unclekoolaid73 posted...

And turning off automatic updates will do nothing to help this. I still won't know what is being updated.

turning off automatic updates makes it so it asks you if you want to update the game when it launches(if there is an update). So if you dont know whats updating when you have AU off, then you need to stop drinking or smoking whatever it is.

That's not what I mean. I mean for it to tell me exactly what has been updated as in if it's a small patch, big update, and/or what has been added. Plus the size of the thing. Instead of it just being in the notifications with no idea what it modified.
---
#9staticxtreme5Posted 1/24/2014 7:34:57 AM
I agree that the notification system is lacking to say the least. It would be cool if there was a built in patch note everytime a game updated, but I don't expect that to ever be added. I can't recall any other consoles doing that, but maybe I haven't really paid that close attention. I would like some patch notes in notifications especially when they update the systems UI. The only update that we've gotten since release I don't recall a note, or even a notification saying the system updated. It made me wonder for a while if I even got the update or not. Hopefully they improve the communication of these things in future updates.
#10MasterDuo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 10:28:29 AM
staticxtreme5 posted...
I agree that the notification system is lacking to say the least. It would be cool if there was a built in patch note everytime a game updated, but I don't expect that to ever be added. I can't recall any other consoles doing that, but maybe I haven't really paid that close attention. I would like some patch notes in notifications especially when they update the systems UI. The only update that we've gotten since release I don't recall a note, or even a notification saying the system updated. It made me wonder for a while if I even got the update or not. Hopefully they improve the communication of these things in future updates.

The PS4 does it now and the PS3 did it for some updates and patches but not all.
---