The biggest problem I have with the Xbox One is the notification system

#11pingpongchingPosted 1/24/2014 11:03:33 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Both systems lack notifications for friends coming online... They should come up with a favourites list so you can choose what friends you want notifications for

That's a great idea.

And I am confused why we don't have friend status (online/offline) updates out of the box on either console...
---
When life gives you lemons just say f#$% the lemons and bail.
#12FinzFan4lifePosted 1/24/2014 11:46:03 AM
I never saw anything like this on ps3 and why does it matter it's updating the aps and games not the consoles UI cause I know exactly where you are trying to go with this, and just no.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#13MasterDuo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 12:04:08 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
I never saw anything like this on ps3 and why does it matter it's updating the aps and games not the consoles UI cause I know exactly where you are trying to go with this, and just no.

It does show it on some games on the PS3. And this is not some joke post about the UI or something. I'm talking about Rivals Sports Hub, FoxNow, and Dead Rising were updated in my notifications and I have no idea what they updated. Like tell me did they fix something, or add a feature, or anything. The PS4 lists it all now and some PS3 games did it.
---
PSN: duoreign *NBA2K14 and ASC4* Xbox: masterduo *Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct*
Heat and Mavs fan from Sacramento since 95'
#14kingbahamut83Posted 1/24/2014 4:11:41 PM
MasterDuo posted...
koichi posted...
MasterDuo posted...
unclekoolaid73 posted...
All the flaws this system has and this is your biggest problem?

And turning off automatic updates will do nothing to help this. I still won't know what is being updated.

turning off automatic updates makes it so it asks you if you want to update the game when it launches(if there is an update). So if you dont know whats updating when you have AU off, then you need to stop drinking or smoking whatever it is.

That's not what I mean. I mean for it to tell me exactly what has been updated as in if it's a small patch, big update, and/or what has been added. Plus the size of the thing. Instead of it just being in the notifications with no idea what it modified.

Is it too hard to google what was updated for any particular game???
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#15MasterDuo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 9:30:29 PM
My point is that I shouldn't have to google it. If they update and alter my system they should at least tell me why it happened. I understand that I can come on the internet to see but not everyone would think to do that. What about the casual gamer who doesn't know about getting patch and update info on the web. I mean we can't even check to see how much hard drive space we have. It's really a horrible slight on Microsoft's part.
---
PSN: duoreign *NBA2K14 and ASC4* Xbox: masterduo *Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct*
Heat and Mavs fan from Sacramento since 95'
#16FinzFan4lifePosted 1/25/2014 1:46:28 AM
MasterDuo posted...
My point is that I shouldn't have to google it. If they update and alter my system they should at least tell me why it happened. I understand that I can come on the internet to see but not everyone would think to do that. What about the casual gamer who doesn't know about getting patch and update info on the web. I mean we can't even check to see how much hard drive space we have. It's really a horrible slight on Microsoft's part.

It's not altering the system it's altering the game and app code has no effect on the console
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#17koichiPosted 1/25/2014 3:18:42 PM
MasterDuo posted...

As far as seeing what the updates do, outside of console updates, its always been hidden unless you go online to check since the first Xbox. You know 2001. Bit late to be complaining about it. And most casual gamers could care less. Hell most pro gamers could care less unless its fixes a glitch that they stayed away from the game for.

You make it sound like casual gamers are stupid. most people are smart enough to atleast type "_____ update" in google and they would find their answer in seconds.

putting this on the console would just be convenience, but like others said, is not a problem they should be focused on above all.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#18Sega9599Posted 1/25/2014 3:31:39 PM
koichi posted...
MasterDuo posted...

As far as seeing what the updates do, outside of console updates, its always been hidden unless you go online to check since the first Xbox. You know 2001. Bit late to be complaining about it. And most casual gamers could care less. Hell most pro gamers could care less unless its fixes a glitch that they stayed away from the game for.

You make it sound like casual gamers are stupid. most people are smart enough to atleast type "_____ update" in google and they would find their answer in seconds.

putting this on the console would just be convenience, but like others said, is not a problem they should be focused on above all.

It's not about that. MS tells you exactly what is in each update when notifying you about it for a download when it comes to PCs.
Just because it typically is not done for consoles and you are used to it, doesn't mean it's not a little outdated.

Even basic notifications such as 'security update' 'network compatability issue' etc etc. It would be nice. Is it necessary? No, but neither are a lot of the features on XB1.

To put it bluntly, it's not a huge problem, but really it's about time this courtesy was included.
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....