All those who have used the new Kinect

#11Troll_DirectoryPosted 1/24/2014 1:21:39 AM
Elemayowe posted...
Giving 6 but only because I haven't fully utilised it. I use it for on/off. It auto signs me in off my face which is nice. In these functions it works as I need it too, and it's convenient.

I hear it really comes into it's own with xbox fitness but I have yet to try that.

6 sounds a little low for tech that's convenient and works as you need it to.
#12GuitaristMattPosted 1/24/2014 1:42:56 AM
Haven't used it, so didn't vote. Nice to see the 8ish average
---
"Well if you think chickens can fly, we better pull up wikipedia." - S. Healy
PS4 FAQs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#13Hero_ofTime2010Posted 1/24/2014 1:17:37 PM
Poll wouldn't load on my iPad, but I give it an eight. I love it. Part of this is system features, not just connect, but saying Xbox On and it turning on the Cablebox Soundbar and TV is terrific. Volume up and down is great with it, and if you have a few commands to say it helps to mute it then dish out what you want it to do. I do wish I could get rid of the hand gestures. In NFS being able to find a repair shop rather than fumbling with the d-pad and taking my "hands" off the wheel is great. Netflix pausing and playing is a hit with the ladies, haha. I'm three for three when it comes to them being impressed by it.

I think I would like a little more leniency on the verbiage, but it's no big deal. At least they say updates will be coming. So yeah, the thing is great.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#14nothingbeastPosted 1/24/2014 1:56:00 PM
I gave it a 1, but i'll explain why.

I've only found one demo station in my area to test drive, and the Kinect was barely functional. Couldn't get anything to work. I could point to items with a very shaky cursor, but nothing else. Granted, I have no idea if anyone had bothered calibrating it, but you'd think a department store would want customers to have a pleasant experience instead of just walking away kind of frustrated.

Could have been a lot of reasons why it wasn't working. Lighting, space (even though there's more of both of these in a department store than my livingroom) but my limited experience with the new Kinect was pretty poor.

I will try again if I ever find another functioning demo station.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#15Darth_StinkiusPosted 1/24/2014 2:06:37 PM
9/10

It tracks me perfect in XBOX fitness and that demo Sports game

The voice commands work fine too despite my brutal Scottish accent. The only word it never picks up is "listening" but its probably the way I say it

The only negative so far is that the 'hands' function seems to appear randomly and muck about with the UI
---
XBOX One - Darth Stinkius
#16MRL3G3NDPosted 1/24/2014 3:04:21 PM
it's a hands free remote control...

I've tried all of the "features" for the games...useless... I just turn them right back off...

MS is determined to ride this fail train to the end of time
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#17ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/24/2014 3:06:55 PM
Too many options. 4 simple options would have been a lot more organized.
---
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.
XBL Gold in a nutshell: http://imgur.com/cT6qYn4
#18CrusnikCainPosted 1/24/2014 3:41:04 PM
8 its okay but beyond the voice feature's of the Xbox One i wont use it unless forced to in games
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#19slyman19Posted 1/24/2014 3:45:04 PM
nothingbeast posted...
I gave it a 1, but i'll explain why.

I've only found one demo station in my area to test drive, and the Kinect was barely functional. Couldn't get anything to work. I could point to items with a very shaky cursor, but nothing else. Granted, I have no idea if anyone had bothered calibrating it, but you'd think a department store would want customers to have a pleasant experience instead of just walking away kind of frustrated.

Could have been a lot of reasons why it wasn't working. Lighting, space (even though there's more of both of these in a department store than my livingroom) but my limited experience with the new Kinect was pretty poor.

I will try again if I ever find another functioning demo station.

Was it Walmart?
#20OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/24/2014 3:47:53 PM
Considering it took away money that could have went to improving the systems actual specs and cost you 100 extra dollars on top of that, I would hope that it'd be useful.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.