A kotaku article seemingly addressed to the xbone defense force

#13HPPosted 1/23/2014 6:44:28 PM
http://kotaku.com/yes-technical-details-are-important-in-video-games-1507704558

This seems like an important read for many on this board with all of the excuses people seem to make about how resolution/framerate dont matter.

And yes the article is directly related to the Xbone.
#2cheezedadadaPosted 1/23/2014 6:46:53 PM
Its an opinion piece. I don't happen to agree.

Look at the comments. Almost all of them disagree to some extent. I was going to post them in here, but I dont want to leave a wall of text.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#31nternationa7Posted 1/23/2014 6:48:22 PM
It seems to be a fair opinion piece. I do agree with it because I do photography in my spare time so I notice all these tidbits even if most people do not.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#4WaywardBiscuitPosted 1/23/2014 6:49:19 PM
cheezedadada posted...

Look at the comments. Almost all of them disagree to some extent. I was going to post them in here, but I dont want to leave a wall of text.

So is the Sony Fanboys are the worse article but everyone here loves to throw that link around.
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken
#5cheezedadadaPosted 1/23/2014 6:51:19 PM
WaywardBiscuit posted...
cheezedadada posted...

So is the Sony Fanboys are the worse article but everyone here loves to throw that link around.

Yeah Sony fanboys being the worst is still an opinion too. If anyone ever links that and states it as fact, they are wrong. Its all subjective.

Like most of the people in the comments are saying, most of this stuff is trivial and doesn't matter. My top 20 games of 2013 are almost all indie games that look like crap compared to the best of what the PC/Xbox One/PS4 have to offer. I grew up on Atari and the things that younger gamers care about dont concern me.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#6freesithPosted 1/23/2014 6:52:20 PM
WaywardBiscuit posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Is there an Xbox Fanboys are the best article?
#7Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 1/23/2014 6:53:05 PM
cheezedadada posted...
WaywardBiscuit posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Yeah Sony fanboys being the worst is still an opinion too. If anyone ever links that and states it as fact, they are wrong. Its all subjective.

Like most of the people in the comments are saying, most of this stuff is trivial and doesn't matter. My top 20 games of 2013 are almost all indie games that look like crap compared to the best of what the PC/Xbox One/PS4 have to offer. I grew up on Atari and the things that younger gamers care about dont concern me.

Pisshaw. Everyone knows that Intellivision >>>Atari.
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#8AwizarddiditPosted 1/23/2014 6:54:07 PM
WaywardBiscuit posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Doesn't count cause it doesn't fit in with the view that Xbone=god
---
Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!
#93HP(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 6:55:12 PM
cheezedadada posted...
WaywardBiscuit posted...
cheezedadada posted...

A good majority of the article is about the details/difference between two different versions of the same game. Comparing these games to indie or classic games is avoiding the point entirely.
#10WaywardBiscuitPosted 1/23/2014 6:55:41 PM
freesith posted...
WaywardBiscuit posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Is there an Xbox Fanboys are the best article?

Id would hope there wasnt any type of fanboy article good or bad. It just contributes to the current state of the Gamefaqs console boards.
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken