A kotaku article seemingly addressed to the xbone defense force

#31krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 6:40:04 AM
Already read it before. Author doesn't even have a proper conclusion whether it matters or not.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#32krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 6:44:48 AM
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
Funny how fanboys love to bash Sony about their finances but they give MS a pass for inferior hardware and features.

Wait what, that doesn't make sense.
---
#33richboy900Posted 1/24/2014 6:52:40 AM
While the xbox one has great games and as an xbox fan i still wouldn't buy xb1 until price drop. Its too weak and u don't see how people can defend a next gen system with lack of power resulting in 720p or 30fps for many games.
#34chrish909Posted 1/24/2014 6:53:46 AM
WaywardBiscuit posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Its an opinion piece. I don't happen to agree.

Look at the comments. Almost all of them disagree to some extent. I was going to post them in here, but I dont want to leave a wall of text.

So is the Sony Fanboys are the worse article but everyone here loves to throw that link around.

Because that article is fact you clown. Its not just one article, I could post a couple more, dont be butthurt because of how your community acts.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#35suicide machinePosted 1/24/2014 7:02:47 AM
weird... so I went to the article to check it out. at each comparison, from just looking at the pictures before seeing which pic was which system, I actually ended up picking the xb1 shots as the better looking ones.
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#36krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 7:05:33 AM
suicide machine posted...
weird... so I went to the article to check it out. at each comparison, from just looking at the pictures before seeing which pic was which system, I actually ended up picking the xb1 shots as the better looking ones.

I didn't see much of a difference in ACIV and remember it being brighter when playing but the others looked better on PS4 immho especially the CoD one, not that it matters nor that I particularly care
---
#37nableetPosted 1/24/2014 7:29:15 AM
I like the article. The point of it is that if there are differences, they should be highlighted and discussed. Some players won't notice but, some will, to deny or ignore these differences is doing a disservice to the reader.

Of all the games I have played, I couldn't tell you which were 30fps, which were 60fps (if any were) or which fluctuated in between the two... I'm sure a side by side would produce differences, but as long as it is not a juddery mess, who cares?

Does this mean everyone doesn't notice? No. Does this mean gaming sites should ignore it? No. Will reporting it lead to mass trolling? Yes, of course.

I don't think the Xbox fans here hating on the article are helping themselves.
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#38muggyPosted 1/24/2014 7:30:42 AM
freesith posted...
WaywardBiscuit posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Its an opinion piece. I don't happen to agree.

Look at the comments. Almost all of them disagree to some extent. I was going to post them in here, but I dont want to leave a wall of text.

So is the Sony Fanboys are the worse article but everyone here loves to throw that link around.

Is there an Xbox Fanboys are the best article?

Yes www.gamefaqs.com
---
Posted with GameRaven 1.1.1
#39scoobydoobydontPosted 1/24/2014 7:53:26 AM
nableet posted...
Does this mean gaming sites should ignore it? No.

I disagree. If album reviews regularly made note of the difference between vinyl and digital it would be obnoxious as it is pointless. It's no less obnoxious here. Hipster *-philes who care about these types of minor differences don't deserve pandering to, it ONLY serves to cause drama and confusion amongst the other 99%.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#40Juzten76Posted 1/24/2014 8:14:21 AM
As a gamer, all I can do is laugh at the overreaction by fanboys to things like 720p, 1080p, 60fps, and 30fps. As much as I'd love to have every game run at 120fps at ultra high resolution, how much does it really matter when it comes to the enjoyment of my hobby? Many of my favorite games the past several generations have run at less than 30fps. I can spend hours playing a game on my iphone or 3DS that has laughable graphics compared to what the PS4, Xbox One, or PC can do.

I've been playing amazing games for 30 years that weren't 1080p and 60fps, but all of the sudden I'm supposed to care about the difference between 60fps and 30fps? All I look for in a game is a solid entertaining experience that pulls me in and brings me back for more. I can't recall ever having my fun ruined because a game ran at 30fps. Yet, by reading the posts on this board, you would think that framerate and resolution were the deciding factor of whether or not a game is good. The sad part is that a lot of these threads have even caused personal attacks and threats of violence against one another. WTF is up with that? If it's really that important to that many people, then I feel sorry for them. Even worse, most of these people really don't care that much about the framerate, but come here to use it as ammo for trolling. Those people are the bottom-feeders of gaming and need to seriously grow up.