A kotaku article seemingly addressed to the xbone defense force

#61FatCatAttackPosted 1/24/2014 5:21:49 PM
TargettPractice posted...
I know I've said this before but it needs to be reiterated.

You can't claim to care too much about graphics and framerates when you're playing on console. If power was your reason for choosing a system, you'd choose pc. With consoles, we're limited to a maximum of 60fps @1920x1080, which is usually upscaled. You guys are just nitpicking about whose turd is more polished. You have to realize that it doesn't matter whose is shinier because, at the end of the day, they're both turds.

As a primary PC gamer I don't disagree but the PS4 to be fair is pretty damn shiny and 100 dollars cheaper...so if you had to pick one of the two there's still a clear winner here.

I'm playing Ultima IV right now and that game is mad ugly now but very enjoyable. I'm sure people will enjoy the weaker multiplats on the Xbone just like I enjoyed the ps3 multiplats some claimed were "unplayable" like the original Darkness. But, I can't help but roll my eyes at the damage control the xbox community is doing when they wouldn't be so gracious if the shoe were on the other foot just as was the case in the past.
---
ilcal: Everything makes baby jesus cry. That's why i hate babies.
CS Turgid_Walrus
#62ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/24/2014 5:24:42 PM
The Xbots will keep denying this, but yes, better graphics AND a better performance DOES matter.
#63Juzten76Posted 1/24/2014 5:33:50 PM
FatCatAttack posted...
BloodyDove2vs posted...
3HP posted...
Juzten76 posted...
As an Xbone owner, all I can do is laugh at the overreaction by fanboys to things like 720p, 1080p, 60fps, and 30fps. As much as I'd love to have every game run at 120fps at ultra high resolution, how much does it really matter when it comes to the enjoyment of my hobby? Many of my favorite games the past several generations have run at less than 30fps. I can spend hours playing a game on my iphone or 3DS that has laughable graphics compared to what the PS4, Xbox One, or PC can do.

I've been playing amazing games for 30 years that weren't 1080p and 60fps, but all of the sudden I'm supposed to care about the difference between 60fps and 30fps? All I look for in a game is a solid entertaining experience that pulls me in and brings me back for more. I can't recall ever having my fun ruined because a game ran at 30fps. Yet, by reading the posts on this board, you would think that framerate and resolution were the deciding factor of whether or not a game is good. The sad part is that a lot of these threads have even caused personal attacks and threats of violence against one another. WTF is up with that? If it's really that important to that many people, then I feel sorry for them. Even worse, most of these people really don't care that much about the framerate, but come here to use it as ammo for trolling. Those people are the bottom-feeders of gaming and need to seriously grow up.

FTFY. If the Xbone had the superior visuals you would care plenty. Also, i find the fact that you are 30 pretty sad considering your behavior on this site and your blind devotion to a cooperation.

I second the notion.

Yeah last gen when the xbox version of a game had a slightly better resolution or extra grass it was a huge deal for Xbox fanboys who invaded ps3 boards. The GTA IV boards and Red Dead boards in particular were major warzones. Now here we are early in next gen and the gaps are huge...and now it doesn't matter? I'm a frequent player of classic games from Gog so graphics aren't important to me but the blatant hypocrisy here really chaps my buns.

Hypocrisy? That's part of my point. I'm talking about fanboys from both sides and how silly it is to get caught up in that debate. It doesn't matter what generation it started. It's just funny because in the end, any difference in frame rates or resolutions between the ps4 and Xbox will have no effect on how much you or I enjoy the games we play. You won't see me on the ps4 board making fun of any game for running at 30fps or less than 1080p.
#64Superman070776Posted 1/24/2014 6:11:49 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
The Xbots will keep denying this, but yes, better graphics AND a better performance DOES matter.

Because it made a huge difference last gen when the PS3 was more powerful than the 360....oh wait.....
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#65MasteroftheArtsPosted 1/24/2014 6:45:40 PM
Superman070776 posted...

Because it made a huge difference last gen when the PS3 was more powerful than the 360....oh wait.....

It's already been said here to some extent, but I feel the need to throw my support in.

If I'm going to care significantly about graphics, then you have to give me a substantial difference in graphical fidelity for me to see. I just don't see the significant difference in the PS4's output between the XB1's output to make me think it's substantively superior. The pictures in that article are possibly some of the worst examples that the writer could have used because it is extremely difficult to determine any quality difference rather than just artistic difference. However, there is a huge difference in graphical fidelity between PC and the X1 and PS4.

With regard to consoles, I really think it's going to come down to exclusives, price point, and online functionality. I like the functionality of the PS4's touchpad, but I also like the Kinect for multimedia. But if we're talking about graphics, I'm just going to hop on my pc and boot up Crysis 3 and never look back.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#66CaIiber345Posted 1/24/2014 7:04:28 PM
Hell, I'm still in awe of the sunsets in GTA V. I grew up on Atari and Nintendo, so like many of the older gamers in this thread, I definitely appreciate the advances in technology that have made games what they are today.

However, I agree with the author of the article that it shouldn't be taboo to want to discuss the minutiae of gaming. The problem is with fanboys and trolls and how they act about the subject matter, not the subject itself. I don't like a lot of things about Xbox One, but I'm no Sony fanboy. I look at which console is best for me. I do have a problem with the way the fanboys act, and I call them out on it. This makes me a flip-flopper to them because I apologized to someone for comments I made, and admitted that I'm slowly taking more interest in Xbox One now because at some point a game I want will be out on it. That doesn't satisfy them either.

Frame rates and resolutions and specs under the hood aren't the problem, it's the people who can't have a civil and productive discussion about those things that are the issue.
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 5
#67TheBonfiniPosted 1/24/2014 7:27:50 PM
Lots of reassurance, denial and massive DC for such trivial things such as game fidelity and performance. Funny how last gen extra blades of grass was worth making topics about but now massive resolution differences and fps don't warrant it. LOL
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#68Spetsnaz420Posted 1/25/2014 2:45:28 AM
cheezedadada posted...
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...

Never in my wildest dreams. I thought the C64 was state of the art, and Max Headroom was CGI at its finest.

Meanwhile, I put 400+ hours into Jumpman Jr. on a 4-color TV screen.

Fast forward to present day.. And much like you, I'm glad I got to see it all unfold. I'm certainly less spoiled as a result, thankfully.

*high five*. I have noticed this to be the case with those of us who are older and have been gaming for a couple of decades. I think having all of the experience of all the platforms through the ages gives you a better perspective on all this.

My friends are my age of course, so having people around me that also have years of gaming under their belt is great. I had a friend recently start using this site and he came over to me at work and asked me why I am here all the time. He felt completely out of place here too and wondered why everyone thought this stuff was important. His stay here was very short lived haha.

Ahhh jumpman... I miss the DoS days
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#69nb003_99Posted 1/25/2014 2:55:08 AM
What's DoS?

I've heard of DOS
But not DoS

C:/> cls
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#70Cornbread4lifePosted 1/25/2014 2:59:43 AM

The awesome few hours I just had playing Pilotwings 64 and Blast Corps beg to differ. It only matters if it matters to you. Nothing in entertainment can objectively "matter."
---
GT: Cornbread4life