the REAL reason TR XBOX ONE version has lower FPS *link inside*

#1theonlyoneleoPosted 1/24/2014 2:42:39 AM(edited)
Nixxes Software is proud to announce that it has been working on the Playstation 4 version for the recent announced Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition!

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is a revamped and upscaled version of Tomb Raider, which was released in March 2013. In collaboration with Crystal Dynamics, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition will be released for Sony Playstation 4 and Microsoft Xbox One on January 28, 2014. In addition to converting the game to Playstation 4, Nixxes Software provided support to United Front Games, the developer responsible for the Xbox ONE version of the game.

Now in native 1080P with TressFX hair rendering, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition contains the following content:

The game is fully rebuilt for next-generation consoles. It contains the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, eight DLC multiplayer maps, six DLC multiplayer weapons, four DLC multiplayer characters and six outfits for Lara. The game will also included Dark Horse digital comic book "Tomb Raider: The Beginning", Brady Games digital art book "Tomb Raider: The Art of Survival" and "The Final Hours of Tomb Raider documentary series.

As for other next-gen additions, The PlayStation 4's Dualshock 4 controller lights up red and orange when using the torch, and quick flashes when Lara is shooting. The PlayStation 4 version also allows you to stream Tomb Raider to the PlayStation Vita.

The Xbox One allows you to use Kinect to change weapons, attachments, and navigate the menu with your voice. You can also rotate and inspect relics with hand gestures, and find new viewpoints by leaning into the world.

http://www.nixxes.com/nixxes/newsdetail/20-uk/news/167-trhd-announced

turns out Nixxes developed the PS4 version while United Front Games was working on the xbox one's which sucks...its starting to make sense now why both versions are sooo diffrent FPS wise at least.maybe if nixxes themselves developed both versions they couldve achieved parity..discuss?
---
''why follow mcmahonism when you can be a TNAtheist''
#21nternationa7Posted 1/24/2014 2:44:20 AM
I thought the reason was the kinect again...it does have all these extra "features"
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#3teehee23Posted 1/24/2014 2:49:01 AM
Thanks for the new info and the Kinect features confirmed our purchase.
Really looking forward to Tomb Raider now and Kinect is the life.
---
Don't hate Xbox #1 because you can't get a girlfriend.
#4Apex-PlayerPosted 1/24/2014 2:49:35 AM
Trying to blame developers? Is that why your topic was deleted last time. Seriously is that what your resorting to now. Geez, no respect.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#5theonlyoneleo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 2:51:03 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
I thought the reason was the kinect again...it does have all these extra "features"

well i thought the same thing but im thinking UFG just didnt optimize the game as well as they couldve....
---
#6Rome218Posted 1/24/2014 2:53:04 AM
Can't wait til Tuesday! It's snowing here in central Texas .. o_O What the hell? I hope it ends by Tuesday so I can pick this up. =) I don't like driving in the snow. =(

The whole FPS stuff never played a factor in my enjoyment of a game. I always felt the 360 version was smooth. It was my GOTY for '13. I never paused the game and said "This should have been 60 fps."

Honestly, I do not notice a difference. I own NBA 2k13 on 360, and did not know NBA 2k14 which I have on xbox one was 60 fps until someone posted it here.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#7theonlyoneleo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 2:54:53 AM
Apex-Player posted...
Trying to blame developers? Is that why your topic was deleted last time. Seriously is that what your resorting to now. Geez, no respect.

im not blaming anybody dude.. its always a possibility that one developer was just BETTER than the other especially when one has to lend a hand to the other just to port it its common sense....
and noone deleted my thread i deleted it myself cuz of topic title spelling errors
---
#8thehappiestEMOPosted 1/24/2014 2:58:41 AM
inb4 "another Xbox reassurance topic hurr durr"

I wouldn't be surprised to find that the Kinect is one of the main reasons people slam the drop in power from the PS4 to the Xbox One. It uses 10% of the system, after all.

I suspect that when MS frees that up for developers to take advantage of, it'll narrow the gap enough that (hopefully) we'll see less disparity.

I find it amusing that people talk about how MS "put out such a lame/weak/not-next-gen" console. Does everyone remember that MS has invested a staggering amount of money in this machine? What makes real profit is lifetime sales as well as continued software sales, which would surely stagnate if the Xbox One was so much worse than the PS4 already. That's my take, anyways.
---
everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die
#9Apex-PlayerPosted 1/24/2014 2:59:58 AM
They were both working to create a better product, do you honestly think that during discussions the ps4 team just laughed and said #dealwithit ?
Or do you think they never contacted each other at all, and both remade different Laras and textures etc.

They wouldn't just let them crash and burn guys, they most certainly tried everything they could. Blaming developers when the console is at fault is just petty. If they couldn't figure it out you can bet your ass they asked for help/feedback.

Sorry, but try not to make this the gen of craping on every developer who can't get the xbox to work miracles.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#10krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 3:11:10 AM
Does it really matter I still don't particularly care for 60fps. Never did before so why should that change for the new gen?
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB