With the success of the Xbox One, I have to draw this comparison.

#11archibald3Posted 1/24/2014 2:49:16 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
If you all were so happy what's with the constant defensively posts. If you were really happy and content, the troll posts would get ignored.

Ah the old fallback - circular reasoning.

If the message board of ANY product was flooded by trolls and haters the way this board was ,and is still, its not hard to imagine the owners of the product and fans of it would get defensive. What makes WAY less sense would be the people who neither owned nor liked the product constantly trolling/belittling/mocking, or generally hanging around the message board at all !

You can call out peoples defensive behavior all you want , its seems pretty human to me. The opposing side seems at the least very insecure to even be engaging in such behavior and in some cases borderline sociopathic.

Arch
#12Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 2:52:56 AM
archibald3 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
If you all were so happy what's with the constant defensively posts. If you were really happy and content, the troll posts would get ignored.

Ah the old fallback - circular reasoning.

If the message board of ANY product was flooded by trolls and haters the way this board was ,and is still, its not hard to imagine the owners of the product and fans of it would get defensive. What makes WAY less sense would be the people who neither owned nor liked the product constantly trolling/belittling/mocking, or generally hanging around the message board at all !

You can call out peoples defensive behavior all you want , its seems pretty human to me. The opposing side seems at the least very insecure to even be engaging in such behavior and in some cases borderline sociopathic.

Arch

So much truth behind this. My sig is there for a reason. I think people who come on the Xbox One boards on a daily basis to be *** holes have some kind of mental issues that probably require a therapist, psychiatrist, and plenty of mind altering meds.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#131nternationa7Posted 1/24/2014 3:00:10 AM
I would like to add that I personally like this board the way it is. This board has been the home of some very dear and fond memories:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66754864
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#14Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 3:12:01 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
I would like to add that I personally like this board the way it is. This board has been the home of some very dear and fond memories:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66754864
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628

We even embrace the mathematically challenged who seems to be trying to convince himself more than others, and we embrace ranting people who want to play the best games on earth! Towards the end of that sentence, I was afraid he was going to say on Mars, so he is still grounded in reality. He just needs to pop a xanax before coming on here.
---
#15Spetsnaz420Posted 1/24/2014 3:13:35 AM
Rome218 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

Because the troll posts floods the boards, which interrupts conversation about the Xbox One for people interested in or who have the xbox one.

How would you like to purchase a new car, and you see someone with the same cool car! You're at a Chevy dealership, and then a bunch of guys who owns the Ford competitive vehicle, like the Mustang to Chevy's Camaro, and they show up with people who do not even have cars.

You try to talk to your friend, and they're interrupting you every few minutes about how their car is better. Every few minutes someone on a cellphone abruptly stops your conversation because they want to announce something you really don't care about, you're just stoked to own a Camaro.

It's poor etiquette, and it does not favors to the people purposely trying to disrupt civil discourse.

So you wouldn't just go somewhere else to talk to the guy with similar interests?

It takes significantly less effort in a forum like this... It's called the ignore feature.

I agree that it's ignorant and incredibly I'm polite... But since you have no control over it you all should just move past it. The Vita boards is a peaceful place for me having applied this simple philosophy. Reactions are exactly what these people want and you guys are supplying them an endless supply. Believe it or not most of the serious trolls in this forum are nowhere to be found on the PS4 boards... They don't actually care about what they are arguing about... They care about reactions.
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#16Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 3:19:21 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Rome218 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

Because the troll posts floods the boards, which interrupts conversation about the Xbox One for people interested in or who have the xbox one.

How would you like to purchase a new car, and you see someone with the same cool car! You're at a Chevy dealership, and then a bunch of guys who owns the Ford competitive vehicle, like the Mustang to Chevy's Camaro, and they show up with people who do not even have cars.

You try to talk to your friend, and they're interrupting you every few minutes about how their car is better. Every few minutes someone on a cellphone abruptly stops your conversation because they want to announce something you really don't care about, you're just stoked to own a Camaro.

It's poor etiquette, and it does not favors to the people purposely trying to disrupt civil discourse.

So you wouldn't just go somewhere else to talk to the guy with similar interests?

It takes significantly less effort in a forum like this... It's called the ignore feature.

I agree that it's ignorant and incredibly I'm polite... But since you have no control over it you all should just move past it. The Vita boards is a peaceful place for me having applied this simple philosophy. Reactions are exactly what these people want and you guys are supplying them an endless supply. Believe it or not most of the serious trolls in this forum are nowhere to be found on the PS4 boards... They don't actually care about what they are arguing about... They care about reactions.

Yeah I know a lot of them do not own the PS4. That is why on my first post, I never say PS4 owners are doing it. However, I just came from the PS4 boards and have seen some of the usual trolls here.(They probably do not own either system.)

My thing is, I actually do have a ton of people blocked because of this board. Before this, I may have had 2 people on ignore, now it's like 15.

I read when people quote others, I see when an xbox fan is being bullied by two trolls. I sometimes cannot help it that I want to step in so one guy isn't getting pushed around by several.
---
#17Spetsnaz420Posted 1/24/2014 3:26:54 AM
Rome218 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Rome218 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

Yeah I know a lot of them do not own the PS4. That is why on my first post, I never say PS4 owners are doing it. However, I just came from the PS4 boards and have seen some of the usual trolls here.(They probably do not own either system.)

My thing is, I actually do have a ton of people blocked because of this board. Before this, I may have had 2 people on ignore, now it's like 15.

I read when people quote others, I see when an xbox fan is being bullied by two trolls. I sometimes cannot help it that I want to step in so one guy isn't getting pushed around by several.

Well I hear you... My list is 52 strong from the Vita board... That place has been trolled harder than anything I've ever seen.

It's still probably best to just ignore it though... It's not your responsibility to defend people against such an easy to defeat enemy. They want you to join in... They don't care if they win or lose the argument... They just want attention.

Frankly I'm surprised this thread hasn't been flooded with people saying reassurance... That's usually what happens to threads like this. It's just best to enjoy what you like and talk to the people who do as well.
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#181nternationa7Posted 1/24/2014 3:34:02 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Well I hear you... My list is 52 strong from the Vita board... That place has been trolled harder than anything I've ever seen.

It's still probably best to just ignore it though... It's not your responsibility to defend people against such an easy to defeat enemy. They want you to join in... They don't care if they win or lose the argument... They just want attention.

Frankly I'm surprised this thread hasn't been flooded with people saying reassurance... That's usually what happens to threads like this. It's just best to enjoy what you like and talk to the people who do as well.

I'm not surprised. Rome's a cool guy and one of the few Xbox supporters I respect along with Krystyla and tokenblackguy. Besides, this topic isn't "OMG Xbox is the better console and the rest of u guys suck!"
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#19Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 3:34:13 AM
Well it's still pretty early. They'll probably wake up and take offense. I may just take your advice and ignore all the trolls. I feel it should never have come to this, but it's outside of my control.

I had no idea the Vita board was trolled this bad. In fact, the only board I noticed that was trolled hard was the Wii-U, and I was pretty disgusted.

I'm not a large Nintendo fan, but I was interested in what people were saying about their console. At the time, I was so interested in a new console, but I did wait. The people there were extremely rude, not sure if it is still like that.
---
#20Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 3:35:11 AM
Thanks International =)
---