Fun Facts from MS latest fiscal report

#11L96A1BOSSPosted 1/24/2014 7:34:52 AM
cruelbird posted...
How'd Sony manage to give up so much ground since E3 2013?

What ground? you mean M$ release 3.9 shipped number a month after both Sony 4.5 mill and M$ 3 mill sold was release? i know M$ fool you with that shipped number to look like they catch up with Sony.

Stay in school kids you have allot to learn.
#12krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 7:35:18 AM
Djnardu posted...
cruelbird posted...

I don't really think they have given up ground. PS4 is currently selling around 1.5x more than XBone.

And that's with shortages..if systems were more available the number would probably be close to 2x.

At current rate of sales in 3 years if xbox has sold 30 million units Sony will have Sold 15 million more units.

Rate of sales will change..but if there is a big influx of production for Sony you will see a quick boom of sales for them.

You are arguing one sided. There are shortages to the PS4 because they have their supply spread thin. There is an abundance of XBOs because their supply exceeds demand in the launch territories.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#13KcrackPosted 1/24/2014 7:41:28 AM
krystyla posted...
Djnardu posted...
cruelbird posted...

I don't really think they have given up ground. PS4 is currently selling around 1.5x more than XBone.

And that's with shortages..if systems were more available the number would probably be close to 2x.

At current rate of sales in 3 years if xbox has sold 30 million units Sony will have Sold 15 million more units.

Rate of sales will change..but if there is a big influx of production for Sony you will see a quick boom of sales for them.

You are arguing one sided. There are shortages to the PS4 because they have their supply spread thin. There is an abundance of XBOs because their supply exceeds demand in the launch territories.

No, there are shortages for the PS4 because the demand is far greater, hence the 1.2 million gap.
#14DjnarduPosted 1/24/2014 7:42:38 AM(edited)
krystyla posted...
Djnardu posted...
cruelbird posted...

Can you explain what makes my argument one sided?

Regardless of XBO supply, the PS4 is still selling 1.5 faster. If demand was so high for XBO then it would see more sales or equal sales compared to the PS4..but it does not have those.

The PS4 sells 1.5x more units currently with production issues..any type of extra supply is going to sell more. It may be 1.6, 1.7, 1.8..who knows but still right now its still selling more.
---
PS4 - Xbox One- PC
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#15krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 7:51:47 AM
Djnardu posted...
krystyla posted...
Djnardu posted...
cruelbird posted...

Regardless of XBO supply, the PS4 is still selling 1.5 faster. If demand was so high for XBO then it would see more sales or equal sales compared to the PS4..but it does not have those.

The PS4 sells 1.5x more units currently with production issues..any type of extra supply is going to sell more. It may be 1.6, 1.7, 1.8..who knows but still right now its still selling more.

You created a scenario in favour of Sony, to compare you'd have to assume the XBO having launched in more territories.
---
#16cruelbirdPosted 1/24/2014 7:52:12 AM
All i know is One shouldn't have sold any after that E3 debacle. Doubly embarassing is that the Surface and One - two hardware devices - put MS - a software company -in the black. Sony is slipping.
---
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3695/sigbase.jpg
#17RockguyKevPosted 1/24/2014 7:53:42 AM
Wow, a surprising amount of people are hurt by this information. It's like they have a stake in the business or something.

All that matters from this report is that MS did not have to pull a Nintendo and go "uh, ya, we got problems and we'll fix them, but not by like actually fixing them, just talking about it mostly" and instead get to say "it sold better than we thought, don't worry about those rumors of us not continuing the project."

Everything else is fanboy garbage, on both sides.
#18krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 7:58:08 AM
cruelbird posted...
All i know is One shouldn't have sold any after that E3 debacle. Doubly embarassing is that the Surface and One - two hardware devices - put MS - a software company -in the black. Sony is slipping.

MS would have been in the black either way and the surface still lost MS money but only about 40mil.
---
#19vcoughPosted 1/24/2014 7:58:18 AM
Cant we just all be happy that both systems are doing incredibly well considering costs and lack of AAA titles so far?

I chose XBox One because I mostly play shooters and love Halo, but PS4 seems awesome too. People worry about such stupid stuff that doesn't affect them at all.
---
XBox One Gamertag: Vann689
#20DjnarduPosted 1/24/2014 7:59:35 AM
krystyla posted...
Djnardu posted...
krystyla posted...
Djnardu posted...
cruelbird posted...

You created a scenario in favour of Sony, to compare you'd have to assume the XBO having launched in more territories.

THE CURRENT SCENARIO OF SALES IS IN FAVOR OF SONY!

Christ stop being a fanboy

MS has stock yet they cannot upend PS4 sales.

At current rates the PS4 is selling 1.5 faster.

The units sell out as soon as they hit stores..even if Sony increases production by 20%,30%,40%. your telling me that with that extra influx Sony is going to sell the exact same rate they are now?

You are naive to think so..

If if Sony hits the consumers waiting for PS4 and get in the same position as MS with stock in stores..it would at some point increase sales rate because they can actually meet demand.

The increased sales would obviously be more then the current 1.5x when they are not meeting demand.
---
PS4 - Xbox One- PC
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690