Fun Facts from MS latest fiscal report

#21krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 8:06:44 AM
Djnardu posted...
krystyla posted...
Djnardu posted...
krystyla posted...
Djnardu posted...

I don't really think they have given up ground. PS4 is currently selling around 1.5x more than XBone.

And that's with shortages..if systems were more available the number would probably be close to 2x.

At current rate of sales in 3 years if xbox has sold 30 million units Sony will have Sold 15 million more units.

Rate of sales will change..but if there is a big influx of production for Sony you will see a quick boom of sales for them.

You are arguing one sided. There are shortages to the PS4 because they have their supply spread thin. There is an abundance of XBOs because their supply exceeds demand in the launch territories.

Can you explain what makes my argument one sided?

Regardless of XBO supply, the PS4 is still selling 1.5 faster. If demand was so high for XBO then it would see more sales or equal sales compared to the PS4..but it does not have those.

The PS4 sells 1.5x more units currently with production issues..any type of extra supply is going to sell more. It may be 1.6, 1.7, 1.8..who knows but still right now its still selling more.

And that's with shortages..if systems were more available the number would probably be close to 2x.

You created a scenario in favour of Sony, to compare you'd have to assume the XBO having launched in more territories.

THE CURRENT SCENARIO OF SALES IS IN FAVOR OF SONY!

Christ stop being a fanboy

MS has stock yet they cannot upend PS4 sales.

At current rates the PS4 is selling 1.5 faster.

The units sell out as soon as they hit stores..even if Sony increases production by 20%,30%,40%. your telling me that with that extra influx Sony is going to sell the exact same rate they are now?

You are naive to think so..

If if Sony hits the consumers waiting for PS4 and get in the same position as MS with stock in stores..it would at some point increase sales rate because they can actually meet demand.

The increased sales would obviously be more then the current 1.5x when they are not meeting demand.

Again you are arguing one sided. Sony doesn't have less supply than MS it's simply spread to more territories. Arguing what would be if Sony had the supply to meet demand is one sided as you omit the fact that the PS4 is available in a lot more territories the XBO has still to launch in.

I am not saying that the XBO will outsell the PS4 in any of those, it won't but as it is now you can't make the assumption you do without factoring in the sales that the XBO would make in those territories.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#22AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/24/2014 8:09:14 AM
TC, please stop flooding the board with sales topics.
---
Now Playing: Beyond: Dead Space 3 (PS3), Sonic LW (WiiU), SM3DW (WiiU), Pikmin 3 (WiiU), MGS2 qHD(Vita) SC: Blacklist, Killer is Dead (360)
#23DjnarduPosted 1/24/2014 8:15:41 AM(edited)
-_-

The PS4 is sold out EVERYWHERE..there is demand EVERYWHERE.

It has yet to meet supply for consumer demand in any territory.

The XBO has currently met demand and has supply..

Now let me put this in simple terms for you..

SONY HAS YET TO MEET SUPPLY DEMAND IN ALL TERRITORIES BUT IS STILL LEADING XBO SALES BY 1.5X...

If sony increases supply to meet or exceed demand the sales rate will increase...it currently sells out..if it reaches a point where supply=demand then we can figure the sales rate then.

But any increase in sales rate to meet demand is going to increase to ratio over XBO.
---
PS4 - Xbox One- PC
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#24HENTAIDOJI(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 8:20:24 AM
Wow. Clearly not fun for everyone. Imagine what it'll be like in 700 days when Sony goes bankrupt!
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#25krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 8:22:53 AM
Djnardu posted...
-_-

SONY HAS YET TO MEET SUPPLY DEMAND IN ALL TERRITORIES BUT IS STILL LEADING XBO SALES BY 1.5X...

If sony increases supply to meet or exceed demand the sales rate will increase...it currently sells out..if it reaches a point where supply=demand then we can figure the sales rate then.

But any increase in sales rate to meet demand is going to increase to ratio over XBO.

Stop arguing this one sided. I have said myself the XBO met demand and the PS4 didn't but sales are determined by demand supply and the population a product is available to.

The XBO is in favour of supply

The PS4 is in favour of demand and population available

Your scenario

XBO nil

PS4 in favour of demand and population available to.
---
#26Mindwipe77Posted 1/24/2014 8:22:58 AM
If sony could meet the demand for ps4, that gap would be alot larger than it is now for sure
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Proud owner of Xbox One,PS 4 and Wii U
#27GambitbuzzkillPosted 1/24/2014 8:23:41 AM
L96A1BOSS posted...
Fun fact TC Sony Already sold 4.5 mill more than m$ 3.9 shipped. What happen to all that M$ talk before release how they was going to out shipped Sony?

Sony japan release next month you can close your eye and add 1 mill to Sony list easily.

Shipped=/=Sold some people have reading comprehension that why M$ have to word the number to make xbotx feel good about wasting $500 on a 720p machine.

So why are bring up Sony, as if you have a need to defend them and their sales. No one made mention of them so stick to the topic at hand, leave the fanboy junk at the door.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#28krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 8:24:03 AM
Mindwipe77 posted...
If sony could meet the demand for ps4, that gap would be alot larger than it is now for sure

If one wasn't enough...
---
#29DjnarduPosted 1/24/2014 8:34:15 AM
krystyla posted...
Djnardu posted...
-_-

Stop arguing this one sided. I have said myself the XBO met demand and the PS4 didn't but sales are determined by demand supply and the population a product is available to.

Your scenario

XBO nil

Yes but if PS4 has yet to meet supply for said demand...when they do sales rate will increase until the demand is met.

please explain to me how any influx of systems will not sell faster then current rate of sales...
---
PS4 - Xbox One- PC
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#30krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 8:36:56 AM
Djnardu posted...
krystyla posted...
Djnardu posted...
-_-

Your scenario

XBO nil

Yes but if PS4 has yet to meet supply for said demand...when they do sales rate will increase until the demand is met.

please explain to me how any influx of systems will not sell faster then current rate of sales...

As we are in the hypothetical I simply say you have to make a scenario that favours both equally hence PS4/XBO has infinite/identical supply and released in the same territories
---