Does the 13GB Dead Rising 3 patch boost performance?

#21ChA0TiCoNePosted 1/24/2014 6:19:57 PM
Are you serious? 13gb just for a patch?
#22degen2011Posted 1/24/2014 6:32:30 PM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...

This is what Microsoft consider to be next gen
#23slyman19Posted 1/24/2014 7:04:37 PM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...

It`s not just a patch. It also contains the DLC so that there won`t be any compatibility issues between players.
#24Merc123Posted 1/25/2014 12:06:44 AM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...

Its not really 13GB, it rewrites alot of the install, it raised the overall install about 1 GB. Anyway its still lame that they need to put the files on everyones systems. I understand its easier to have them on my system for compatibility but what if i don't want the DLC, kind of sleazy just handing out an unlock key when everyone has the DLC.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#25Spetsnaz420Posted 1/25/2014 12:21:05 AM
Merc123 posted...
ChA0TiCoNe posted...

Its not really 13GB, it rewrites alot of the install, it raised the overall install about 1 GB. Anyway its still lame that they need to put the files on everyones systems. I understand its easier to have them on my system for compatibility but what if i don't want the DLC, kind of sleazy just handing out an unlock key when everyone has the DLC.

Actually what Slyman19 said makes the most sense... It's so if a player with DLC joins a non DLC player there won't be compatibility issues... If you don't want the patch then play offline
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#26JusticeSword(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 2:30:11 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Merc123 posted...
ChA0TiCoNe posted...

Actually what Slyman19 said makes the most sense... It's so if a player with DLC joins a non DLC player there won't be compatibility issues... If you don't want the patch then play offline

I suppose its better than segregating those players, but does it really need to be so cumbersome?
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please