Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor NEXT-GEN Gameplay Impressions

#1Dev445Posted 1/24/2014 7:29:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etsDLSPLtzI
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2gamefaqwatcherPosted 1/24/2014 8:02:52 AM
Considering i haven't played an AC game since the second and have wanted a decent lotr game...I think it looks alright.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#3Charity_DiaryPosted 1/24/2014 8:14:07 AM
No co-op in a LOTR game = I'll pass.

Also, I got bored of Assassin's Creed halfway through the second game.
#4shads3055Posted 1/24/2014 8:36:27 AM
looks like a lot of fun like ryse it will get bad reviews for copying games and get good reviews from people who take a chance and play it,,,not sure yet on replay value
#5Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 9:04:01 AM
shads3055 posted...
looks like a lot of fun like ryse it will get bad reviews for copying games and get good reviews from people who take a chance and play it,,,not sure yet on replay value

Not necessarily. Darksiders copied a lot of elements from Zelda and GOW and got pretty good scores if I can remember right. I think this will do pretty good, yeah its taking a lot of things from AC and the combat is like Batman but their expanding on it with their own ideas.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#6BigSnappaXPosted 1/24/2014 9:13:24 AM
This game stole almost everything from AC, it was hard to watch man.... other than the lil magic thing they included.... its 90% AC with just a lil something else thrown in.... sheesh... talk about non-originality... i understand the concept that if something isn't broke don't fix it... but still they couldve tried something else for the gameplay... It's literally AC with LOTR graphics thrown in.... It almost looks like a PC Mod for AC.....
---
XBGT: Snappa || PSN: SnappaX
~ Love, Not War... Cant we all just.... GET ALONG??!!?? ~
#7AwizarddiditPosted 1/24/2014 9:27:48 AM
BigSnappaX posted...
This game stole almost everything from AC, it was hard to watch man.... other than the lil magic thing they included.... its 90% AC with just a lil something else thrown in.... sheesh... talk about non-originality... i understand the concept that if something isn't broke don't fix it... but still they couldve tried something else for the gameplay... It's literally AC with LOTR graphics thrown in.... It almost looks like a PC Mod for AC.....

You're totally right i remember being able to plan assassinations around taking over
grunts and whenever you didn't get the kill the managed to become stronger which
introduced a strategic element to AC.
---
Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!
#8aszsithPosted 1/24/2014 9:34:04 AM
This game looks awesome and all some people can say is "It looks like Assassin's Creed and Arkham". Yes, yes it does. And those games are awesome. This is why there are now 6 console AC games and 4 Batman Arkham games. Because people like those and buy them.

I love how people complain about new games that marry elements of other popular games while also doing some interesting things, and possibly doing the things they mimic better than the original. Then those people often rush out and buy the 3rd, 4th, or 5th game in a series the day it is released.

You can't support annualized sequels and then complain about redundant gameplay.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#9SomboSteelPosted 1/24/2014 9:47:36 AM
aszsith posted...
This game looks awesome and all some people can say is "It looks like Assassin's Creed and Arkham". Yes, yes it does. And those games are awesome. This is why there are now 6 console AC games and 4 Batman Arkham games. Because people like those and buy them.

I love how people complain about new games that marry elements of other popular games while also doing some interesting things, and possibly doing the things they mimic better than the original. Then those people often rush out and buy the 3rd, 4th, or 5th game in a series the day it is released.

You can't support annualized sequels and then complain about redundant gameplay.

Well said
#10garcia_jxPosted 1/24/2014 10:59:51 AM
Game looks fun. I like AC 2 combat better than the other AC games.