Ryse, Tomb Raider and the Hypocrisy of Critics

#212ndAtomiskPosted 1/24/2014 12:57:29 PM(edited)
BeefEaster posted...
2ndAtomisk posted...
Doukou posted...
I liked both a lot

Ryse is called a QTE feat do to its awful E3 presentation.

Tomb Raider's SP is much longer, more variety(different weapons) and has a better story which are valid reasons that people may like it more than Ryse

Just how short is Ryse? Because Tomb Raider's campaign took me about 6 hours to finish. Getting the collectibles added an additional hour or two post game.

why would you do a speed run with a guide on your very first play through?

that's the only way you could beat it that fast

No, the game was just short, puzzles weren't thought provoking, enemies weren't too tough, and it was quite linear. Granted I do beat games relatively quickly, so I guess the average is probably 10 hours.

---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#22xHuckleberryPosted 1/24/2014 12:56:34 PM(edited)
2ndAtomisk posted...
BeefEaster posted...
2ndAtomisk posted...
Doukou posted...
I liked both a lot

Ryse is called a QTE feat do to its awful E3 presentation.

Tomb Raider's SP is much longer, more variety(different weapons) and has a better story which are valid reasons that people may like it more than Ryse

Just how short is Ryse? Because Tomb Raider's campaign took me about 6 hours to finish. Getting the collectibles added an additional hour or two post game.

why would you do a speed run with a guide on your very first play through?

that's the only way you could beat it that fast

No, the game was just short, puzzles weren't thought provoking, enemies weren't too tough, and it was quite linear.

Anyone who has played TR knows you didnt beat the game 100% in 8 hours.

So stop.

Edit: So you havent played Ryse? Dont, with you being the master of all games you'll beat it in 2 hours.
---
GT: xHuckleberry --- PSN: yafeelme
>Living proof of a dying dream.
#23liquidblue4Posted 1/24/2014 1:06:32 PM
menelaus329 posted...
VRViperII posted...
PS4 has proven it's amazing ability to run last gen games better lol.

ITP: Ghosts, Battlefield, and AC4 don't exist.

Those are all last gen games...
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#242ndAtomiskPosted 1/24/2014 1:07:19 PM
xHuckleberry posted...
Anyone who has played TR knows you didnt beat the game 100% in 8 hours.

So stop.

Edit: So you havent played Ryse? Dont, with you being the master of all games you'll beat it in 2 hours.

Sorry, should have clarified. By collectibles I was only referring to the stuff in the No Stone Left Unturned Achievement. Not the salvage materials or anything else. I got those post game and I admittedly did use a guide for those.

And I never mentioned 100% completing the game. I only mentioned how long it took me to beat the campaign. There's more to it than that specific Achievement mentioned above and finishing the story.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#25menelaus329Posted 1/24/2014 1:11:25 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
menelaus329 posted...
VRViperII posted...

Touche.
---
XBL/PSN: Kodders
How do you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?
#26ejay8320Posted 1/24/2014 1:20:50 PM
While I understand your point TC, there is a clear difference it the type of games each are. While both are Action games - TR is also an adventure game with a focus on exploration.

QTE's are fine in small batches but it's the same reason I can't get into God of War, QTE breaks the fluidity of the action. I really enjoyed the original devil may cry series because it was purely action with very minimal QTEs and despise God of War because of QTEs.

I don't hate QTE's I actually enjoyed games like Heavy Rain. I just dislike them in action games in general.

It all depends on the games and does it really need QTEs, & I feel that Ryse would be a much better game with more weapons and fighting styles than a "Finisher" game.
#27XXXRiceWVXXXPosted 1/24/2014 1:24:46 PM
I love Ryse, played through the campaign 3 times and I'm level 51 in multilayer. Best game so far this gen IMO. But then again I'm capable of forming my own opinion.
---
xxxRice WVxxx///Most Wanted/// (1.) Titanfall (2.) Infamous: SS (3.) Kilzone: SF (4.) Ryse (5.) Watch Dogs (6.) Dragon Age: inquisition
#28dnmtPosted 1/24/2014 1:26:45 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
menelaus329 posted...
VRViperII posted...

Ghosts and AC4, sure, but BF4 is as next gen as it gets. The 360/PS3 versions look beyond terrible, especially when compared to PC/PS4.