lol most of the friends on my xbox one use watch tv/netflix more than the games

#1NightMareBunnyPosted 1/24/2014 11:32:31 AM
don't know what to think of that....or if the last thing they did was completely unrelated to games and they had not played a game in days...
---
PS3 VV_Argost
XB1 GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare
#2cheezedadadaPosted 1/24/2014 11:33:54 AM
Dont know what to think of that? I assume it means they like watching TV...
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#3NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 11:35:21 AM
cheezedadada posted...

then why not use the tv by itself instead of watching it through the xbox one? if all you are gonna do is watch tv it's kinda pointless
---
PS3 VV_Argost
#4-FryShakeWad-Posted 1/24/2014 11:35:54 AM
Well yeah, I usually watch more tv and movies than I play games. And having my cable box linked to my XB1 means I'm on it quite a bit.

What's your point?
#5cheezedadadaPosted 1/24/2014 11:35:55 AM
NightMareBunny posted...
cheezedadada posted...

then why not use the tv by itself instead of watching it through the xbox one? if all you are gonna do is watch tv it's kinda pointless

Because if you watch TV through the Xbox One, you can switch back to games without changing the input.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#6FinzFan4lifePosted 1/24/2014 11:40:01 AM
cheezedadada posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Because if you watch TV through the Xbox One, you can switch back to games without changing the input.

Don't try explaining this to him he doesn't have any way to understand it.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#7NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 11:40:41 AM
cheezedadada posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
cheezedadada posted...

but if you aren't playing games in the first place what's the freaking point?!
if you aren't planning on playing any games anytime soon turning on the xbox one just to watch tv is pretty dumb
---
PS3 VV_Argost
#8NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 11:43:35 AM
FinzFan4life posted...
cheezedadada posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Don't try explaining this to him he doesn't have any way to understand it.

i know what he means....but that doesn't exactly explain the case of them just using it exclusively for watching tv and netflix

sure you don't have to change the inputs to go to the game but in this situation games aren't in the plan
and even if they were

unless you are watching the season/series finale of something or A Crucial Sports Game I'm Pretty Sure Switching Inputs won't kill you unless you are so lazy that it seems like too much work
---
PS3 VV_Argost
#9RebelGameMasterPosted 1/24/2014 11:44:12 AM
NightMareBunny posted...
cheezedadada posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
cheezedadada posted...

but if you aren't playing games in the first place what's the freaking point?!
if you aren't planning on playing any games anytime soon turning on the xbox one just to watch tv is pretty dumb

Because you CAN watch TV through your XBone. If they didnt do that then your friends would have wasted $500. At least this way they're using it for something rather than nothing. I do the same thing with my Wii U until Super Smash comes out.
---
THE XBONE: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/576/502/388.jpg
#10Ch3wyPosted 1/24/2014 11:44:50 AM
It is required for the Xbox to be on in order for them to use the Xbox Netflix application.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.