Does anybody miss using Action Replay on your consoles?

#1LuminousSparkPosted 1/24/2014 11:01:42 AM
Topic

I really miss using Action Replay for my consoles. I had it for my PS2 and DS. No I don't use it to cheat and beat the game. I use my Action Replay after I beat the game first to have fun and mess around the game. The problem most single player games these days is that they lack replay value or no new game + after you beat it once. What I love about Action Replay is that they bring more replay value and then some to the games. it is like a whole new experience that you can get excited about. Does anybody miss using Action Replay on your consoles?
#2DoukouPosted 1/24/2014 11:03:43 AM
Yes I miss playing SSBM with master hand
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
#3Dark Blade 13Posted 1/24/2014 5:13:52 PM
I do sometimes because there are certain rpgs that I play lacks a new game + so I use my action replay for each walkthrough unique.
---
JUS FC: 2921-4559-2925 DS Name: moosequito
(>")>==============)
#42ndAtomiskPosted 1/24/2014 5:35:47 PM
I never had one truthfully. I did come across a Codebreaker for PS2 but I haven't used it yet. I did have a Gameshark at one point though.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#5ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/24/2014 5:38:10 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
I never had one truthfully. I did come across a Codebreaker for PS2 but I haven't used it yet. I did have a Gameshark at one point though.

This^

I've only used AR on handhelds, not counting my GBA, in which I used a gameshark as well. DS and 3DS were used with ARs.
---
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.
XBL Gold in a nutshell: http://imgur.com/cT6qYn4
#6MurryEB_Alt1Posted 1/24/2014 5:39:54 PM
AR saves on original xbox+kotor 1 & 2=nuo......mah gawd

It was mod heaven
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#7Viper187666Posted 1/24/2014 7:51:05 PM
Yeah, I miss the old days. I was one of the more hardcore code creators for the N64 gameshark. I messed with PS2 and others a bit as well. I actually helped write some software to create codes on PS2 via ethernet+PC, since there was never official stuff. I'd still like to get into save editing for Xbox360/PS3 at some point. I have more 360 games than I ever had for any console in the past.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#8ProdozulPosted 1/24/2014 7:52:53 PM
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
AR saves on original xbox+kotor 1 & 2=nuo......mah gawd

It was mod heaven

Can't forget about HaloCE/Halo2 mods those were amazing!
#9TenzhiPosted 1/25/2014 1:42:00 AM
I miss all the old, convenient cheat devices. Even the ones I chiefly used to get past region locks.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#10Spetsnaz420Posted 1/25/2014 2:08:54 AM
Well they're gone the way of the dinosaurs. There's good reason too... Cheating online, achievement boosting and ever piracy would all be possible once again. Frankly I'm glad they are gone now but fondly remember the days of moon jump Mario with a hammer suit
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?