Does anybody miss using Action Replay on your consoles?

#11Viper187666Posted 1/25/2014 6:10:56 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Well they're gone the way of the dinosaurs. There's good reason too... Cheating online, achievement boosting and ever piracy would all be possible once again. Frankly I'm glad they are gone now but fondly remember the days of moon jump Mario with a hammer suit

Piracy is always possible no matter what, and cheating online happened constantly on Xbox360 anyway...mostly because publishers were too cheap to use dedicated servers for online matchmaking.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#12Rome218Posted 1/25/2014 6:19:05 AM
I owned one on GC. I used it to unlock parts on F Zero that were only available in Japan, but were on the disc. That was the reason I bought it, then I did decide to cheat. ^_^ Keep in mind most of my games were not on GC, so there were not many games to cheat on.

Me and my woman at the time used to play Mario Party together, I do not remember which number we played.

One day she asked me to load it up while she took a shower. So I used to pro action replay, and their was a way where I could make her roll a 2 every time I pressed a button, and I could do the same by making myself roll like a 10 I believe.

We played for like half an hour and she thought she was having bad luck. >_< I can't believe she never picked up, she was "educated" with a masters degree and was older than I was. I finally laughed and told her that I have been cheating by controlling her dice rolls. =D Being petty in a video board game never felt so great.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#13mokmuudPosted 1/25/2014 6:31:46 AM
I still have my nes and game genie.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#14richboy900Posted 1/25/2014 7:14:42 AM
Yeah but i only had it for the ps1 and ps2. Not the xbox action replay. It was fun though, i still use it if i want to play Tekken 3 ball mode without unlocking that mode and all the characters.

I do miss it, but like someone pointed out, it would make online gaming pretty awful with people using unlimited life, ammo, max lvl etc.
#15Merc123Posted 1/25/2014 11:25:16 AM
I had a gameshark on PS1 and Codebreaker on PS2. I really miss cheat devices like those. It was always fun if there were some wacky codes to mess with the game.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#16GiarccpsnPosted 1/25/2014 12:16:48 PM
FFX all characters with 9999HP/MP and maxed stats. One shotting everything in battle. ;)
---
PSN ID: JoeKnightt
XboxLive GT: JoeKnightt
#17GiarccpsnPosted 1/25/2014 12:20:09 PM
Merc123 posted...
I had a gameshark on PS1 and Codebreaker on PS2. I really miss cheat devices like those. It was always fun if there were some wacky codes to mess with the game.

Codebreaker!, that's what i had for PS2. Thx Merc, forgot the name of it.
---
PSN ID: JoeKnightt
XboxLive GT: JoeKnightt
#18zxghostravenxzPosted 1/25/2014 12:28:31 PM
I had action replay for every system under the sun. For GC, I remember being part of the code testing team for phantasy star online. That game was very hard to crack codes for. I was one of the first testers when the level 200 code was released, and using meseta to get any weapon in the game.
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429