Unfortunate news, console fans.

#212ndAtomiskPosted 1/24/2014 4:49:45 PM
teeebz posted...
Thundawave posted...
I'm right here with you bro. I want fun on my console. Graphics are great. but gtfo with all this minor detailing.

---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#22BoxTheMuppetPosted 1/24/2014 4:58:23 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
you'd think you come to this site to discuss actual games and consoles, but most here just want to post stats,sales reports and frames per second to see which fanboy can beat the other fanboy, this is probably the worst generation of gamers i have seen yet

I go to reddit for information I come here to laugh at the trolls who can't comprehend that their hate doesn't matter.

Their will always be those elitist people like the sneaker heads who pay 100 bucks more to get the new Jordan's a week before everyone else, the music people who find the bands before they were big and tout that they heard them first, and for us it's the guy that spouts sales figures and resolution stats. Getting sneakers first, finding the bands, and touting the stats is what matters to these people and you can't convince them that you can enjoy the same things and not harp on the little stuff.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#23NionelPosted 1/24/2014 5:07:17 PM
thehappiestEMO posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
I like my fun in native 1080p o.o

I forgot, what resolution did Xenogears run in? 640x480? Lol. And I agree, it was such a great game. Man, I need to replay that game now.

I agree, this topic is the best. Can we sticky this for all the trolls and naysayers? Hahaha

Well, not to be "that guy", but Xenogears would have been more like 320x240, but that's not what's important here.

I do agree with this topic overall, who cares what game system anyone else owns. We all just play games for entertainment anyway, so just enjoy what you have and stop trying to make it seem like you have it better than everyone else. We all bought what we bought for a reason, and as long as you're happy with the console you bought, who cares what anyone else thinks?
---
360/XB1 GT: Elysiun / PSN ID: Sabaku_Hoshi / Steam: Nionel
#24SS_MetalSonicPosted 1/24/2014 7:43:01 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Sadly it's been confirmed. All current home consoles are actually rather fun. It turns out all are financially rather heavy investments for playthings, but that is all balanced out by sheer, unadulterated, awesome fun.

This will hit people hard who cannot find fun in systems designed for fun. They will run, lope, dive and hide, desperate for more spreadsheets filled with statistical anomalies and factoids about unit sales. When someone designs a game based on a man called Fauna who can turn into any animal at will, they will yelp "FPS! SALES! GRAPHACKS!" and then return to the sanity void, rather than considering how cool it would be to turn into a chipmunk to elude Nazis, only to turn into a gorilla when behind them and pound them into human-pulp.

Yes, it's a shame that gaming machines are just as fun - if not more - than they used to be. The communities will mourn the loss of nitpickery and crass love of numerical information used to categorise creative media.

*Sniff*... I SUPPOSE I can try to have.... fun....

Brilliance
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Crysis 3, Killer Instinct, Killzone: SF, BioShock: Infinite, Forza 5, Dishonored
#25Paul_AtreidesPosted 1/24/2014 8:01:45 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Sadly it's been confirmed. All current home consoles are actually rather fun. It turns out all are financially rather heavy investments for playthings, but that is all balanced out by sheer, unadulterated, awesome fun.

This will hit people hard who cannot find fun in systems designed for fun. They will run, lope, dive and hide, desperate for more spreadsheets filled with statistical anomalies and factoids about unit sales. When someone designs a game based on a man called Fauna who can turn into any animal at will, they will yelp "FPS! SALES! GRAPHACKS!" and then return to the sanity void, rather than considering how cool it would be to turn into a chipmunk to elude Nazis, only to turn into a gorilla when behind them and pound them into human-pulp.

Yes, it's a shame that gaming machines are just as fun - if not more - than they used to be. The communities will mourn the loss of nitpickery and crass love of numerical information used to categorise creative media.

Wonder how much fun you are having when you have to wait 20+ minutes installing games on the bone while PS4 fan pops in disc and plays in seconds
#26Reflex-ArcPosted 1/24/2014 8:13:42 PM
Paul_Atreides posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

Wonder how much fun you are having when you have to wait 20+ minutes installing games on the bone while PS4 fan pops in disc and plays in seconds

I'd personally hop on one of my other consoles and play for a bit while I wait. No fun lost. No harm, no foul.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#27thehappiestEMOPosted 1/24/2014 9:58:19 PM
Paul_Atreides posted...

This guy!
---
everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die
#28zxghostravenxzPosted 1/24/2014 10:10:04 PM
thehappiestEMO posted...
Paul_Atreides posted...

This guy!

Yep, let this guy be the first to be added to the "Mines is better than yours" list. Heretic!!

I sometimes find myself playing my Snes emulator and roms. Good ol' super mario RPG!! I love that game...that's like...what....16 bit graphics with 10 FPS?
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#292ndAtomiskPosted 1/24/2014 10:11:32 PM
zxghostravenxz posted...
thehappiestEMO posted...
Paul_Atreides posted...

This guy!

Yep, let this guy be the first to be added to the "Mines is better than yours" list. Heretic!!

I sometimes find myself playing my Snes emulator and roms. Good ol' super mario RPG!! I love that game...that's like...what....16 bit graphics with 10 FPS?

I'm playing Fire Emblem on GBA as we speak.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#30zxghostravenxzPosted 1/24/2014 10:14:13 PM
I play pokemon Y on my 3DS, and that's cell shaded!! why oh why have i stooped to such low end graphics to have enjoy this thing called.....fun?
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429