Unfortunate news, console fans.

#51Cornbread4lifePosted 1/25/2014 4:10:01 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
jumbocat posted...
Being a peasant is more a frame of mind than a financial thing. There's some merit to being happy with what is given to you and not asking questions. Not having ideas above your station. Altering your mindset to be satisfied with the world rather than changing the world to fit your mindset. It's an easy way of life. Cozy... and stagnant.

Others have the burden of dissatisfaction. Of seeing the world and feeling an unease. An unease fuelled by a deep feeling that the world is not meeting its potential. They want more. They want to honor the fighting spirit of that first bundle of proteins that clung to life so many eons ago. The fish that dared scamper on to land. The men who looked to the stars as a destination rather than a mere location. The people who see the impossible as a challenge. They are the Master Race. The movers, the influences, the leaders. They wear the weight of the world on their shoulders and carry us all down the path to our destiny. The ignorant oppose them, the majority fear them and only the very few are called to join them.

I wish I were one of the peasants who is happy with console performance that was the PC standard 7 years ago. If the Maker offered to make my attainment of happiness so cheap and easy I would be sorely tempted. But I can not. The blinkered bliss of the masses is not for me. I look yearningly to the sky rather than to the dirt. I bear this burden, this responsibility, this curse. I am the Master Race.

The Master Race? You should be The Institutionalized.

It's more a maturity issue than a metal health issue I'm sure

I've been every age from 0 to 25, and I've never spewed anything that sounded like that.

But metal health issues sound badass, I wouldn't mind having one of those.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#52SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 8:01:32 AM
*Pauses game of Dead Rising 3*
"You see? They re-use that specular map on THIS zombie... aaaaand... wait a minute - if you squint.... HIM. See it?!"
"Not really. I mean, he's really far away. Anyway, you should totally use your traffic light mage staff to obliterate those zombies!"

*Unpauses game of Dead Rising 3 and runs ten metres*
*Pauses game of Dead Rising 3*
"Okay, and look at the lighting here. See if you look carefully, you'll see it's actually just a flat texture with low opacity that overlaps. See it?"
"Looks like a light to me. Like a ray of light."
"Nah, nah, look. It's actually a CHEAP TRICK. Because the processor is focusing on the models they have to save on lighting by using interlaced textures."
"Oh, right. OH! You know what you should do? You should TOTALLY go over to those zombies there and set down a robot sentry cat, and just let it go WILD on 'em! Go on!!"

*Unpauses game of Dead Rising 3, then immediately re-pauses it*
"You know, I just can't play this. I just saw a zombie clip into another zombie."
"....okay, listen, I think you need to give me the controller, and I think you need to take up a different hobby."
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#53Decimator11Posted 1/25/2014 9:15:03 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Actually - guys, what's the most fun - and I mean simply, FUN - you've had in current-gen games? Which title takes the cake for grins from ear to ear? Because I sincerely think a lot of people are missing the point of...y'know... GAMES.

I remember laughing when I realized that the Party Gloves from Dead Rising 3 work like Rock-Em Sock-Em Robots, but on zombies.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#54zachokPosted 1/25/2014 9:42:29 AM
or the fully upgraded reaper staff that on the "Y" attack will sweep 3 times while throwing flaming skull bombs wiping out hordes in nothing flat. good times...
#55Reece504Posted 1/25/2014 9:45:19 AM
teeebz posted...
Thundawave posted...
I'm right here with you bro. I want fun on my console. Graphics are great. but gtfo with all this minor detailing.

This ^^^ 30fps my hairy butt!!!! I love dr3 and ryse and all 9 of Xbox one games!!!
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#56SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 12:41:07 PM
Woops. I accidentally laughed whilst playing Lego Marvel. Can't be seen showing pleasant/positive emotion... er... I WAS SNEERING. That was it. Sneering.
---
#57chedibang1994Posted 1/28/2014 4:58:13 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
I know, man. Every fibre of my being wants to be sick when I get joy from eating a plum as Yoshi, or KOing a nasty Glacius as Sadira. I am all like, "WIN! YES! I mean, er... this would be AWESOME if only it was a higher resolution or framerate or on a different system or something. Ugh, never mind."

I spit my beer through sheer laughter seeing this post I swear to god this is funny
---
"You fool! Don't you realize yet you're up against the perfect weapon?!"- Super Perfect Cell
#58SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 9:31:45 AM
chedibang1994 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
I know, man. Every fibre of my being wants to be sick when I get joy from eating a plum as Yoshi, or KOing a nasty Glacius as Sadira. I am all like, "WIN! YES! I mean, er... this would be AWESOME if only it was a higher resolution or framerate or on a different system or something. Ugh, never mind."

I spit my beer through sheer laughter seeing this post I swear to god this is funny

Bless your cotton britches, my friend. But watch yourself, you sound like you have a sense of humour, so you might fall foul to this "fun" some people have whilst gaming.

Just take care, okay?
---
#59HyperProtomanXPosted 1/28/2014 11:04:59 AM
Ahem.
*takes off my sunglasses and straightens my tie*
Good evening. My colleagues and I have heard that something called "fun" was being stored here. Please point me in its direction so that I may eliminate this abomination.
---
Not changing this sig before cows fly!
#60Juzten76Posted 1/28/2014 11:09:05 AM
I accidently had some more fun last night at less than 60fps. I know I should be ashamed, but it just felt so....so.... FUN! I thought it was the right thing to do until I came to gamefaqs. I'm glad I found this support group.