Why did you guys buy an XB1 over a PS4

#41PulpPosted 1/24/2014 6:57:07 PM
I really wanted to watch TV on my TV.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#422ndAtomiskPosted 1/24/2014 7:13:48 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one?search=why+did+you

Check several of these topics for my answer.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#43Jedi454Posted 1/24/2014 7:16:40 PM
slyman19 posted...
Better games now and in the future.
Better controller.
Better online.
Better UI.
My friends have the XBO.
My positive experience with the 360 and negative experiences with PS3 and PSV.

Pretty much this.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#44plus1zeroPosted 1/24/2014 7:20:45 PM
Well...I bought a ps4 because of exclusives, cheaper, more powerful, better controller, etc.

My wife surprised me with an x1. She's pretty amazing, plus that was pretty cool of her to do considering she never plays any games.
#45BoomerHelllPosted 1/24/2014 7:22:47 PM
Jedi454 posted...
slyman19 posted...
Better games now and in the future.
Better controller.
Better online.
Better UI.
My friends have the XBO.
My positive experience with the 360 and negative experiences with PS3 and PSV.

Pretty much this.
#46mcmax3000Posted 1/24/2014 7:24:42 PM
I've since bought a PS4 as well, but I went with the Xbox One first, because everything I really wanted to play at launch was either on both systems, or exclusive to Xbox One.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Mcmax3000
#47mindoftwomoronsPosted 1/24/2014 7:33:20 PM(edited)
Completely ignoring the media capabilities I was interested in, at the moment and for the foreseeable the Xbox One simply has more games I want to play. I've enjoyed my time with Dear Rising 3, I've absolutely loved my time with Killer Instinct, and I'm definitely looking forward to Titanfall and by eds year I'm definitely picking up Halo. On the PS4 side of things, the only exclusive that does interest me at the moment is Killzone: Shadowfall, and that's mainly because it's my favorite Playstation franchise.

In addition to the preferred library, I think it has a batter controller and honestly I still play 360 games online quite a bit so another year of live was already planned anyways.

I do plan on getting a PS4 eventually, but aside from Killzone, I'm not really interested in anything that's not a multiplat. Gonna wait for the library to better suit my interests.
---
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/aguwargrey.gif http://i.imgur.com/u2FewN1.gif
#48GunWolfAlphaPosted 1/24/2014 7:45:22 PM
degen2011 posted...
xbox one has fewer pesky frames in its games

that frees up the 6 billion transistors to help you ascend to the next level of gaming.

the power of the cloud combined with the magic of kinect 2.0 means this is the only true next gen experience

for the modest price of $499USD this all in one package can be yours

I am doing this so hard right now.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOHg9q8V91L1-S-OcUSCE3vUwWZH686ar6NIC7ppZmS3mW3XyO

please tell me your trolling.... please.
---
"But, it was so artistically done." Thrawn's last words
#49Otter09Posted 1/24/2014 7:50:15 PM
I have both (and a Wii U) and...they're all really cool. For my tastes, I would definitely say the X1 has had the better exclusives (Forza, Dead Rising, and Killer Instinct) over the Ps4 (Killzone and the PS+ titles) But based on last gen I still expect Sony to win out on that front in the end. If I was to recommend a console to a friend that could only get one, I'd definitely say the ps4 as I feel the cheaper price and the great deal Ps+ has been in the past and will probably be in the future gives you a lot more bang for your buck than what I believe the more expensive X1 and the relative letdown games with gold has been so far. But, if you are fortunate enough to be able to afford both, or just prefer the X1, it's a really good choice too. The games look great enough to me, and the voice commands have been way more handy than I expected.

Tldr: people should just get what they want, either way I think they'll be pretty happy.
#50I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 1/24/2014 7:50:41 PM
Forza Motorsport 5. It's the only reason I've gone next gen.

Once some exclusives come out that interest me, I'll buy a PS4.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1