Question.

#1Apex-PlayerPosted 1/24/2014 5:07:04 PM
With all the negative 'advertising' publicity lately from the whole youtube thing,

Do you think microsofts latest exclusive TitanFall will take a hit by reviewers?

- Reviewers who rate it high might be worried to become thought of as bought off, paid shills by gamers.
- This might influence them to review much more harshly then usual, possibly criticizing every aspect.

Any possibility to this, or will it get nothing but 10/10

I know every ,-xbox owner- who tried the alpha gives this a 10, or at least an outstanding review. What i'm asking is from the outside looking in, with all the recent bad press circulating, do you think reviewers will still openly praise this game with full scores or be more subjective as to appear more neutral in a world expecting a lot of bought reviews for this game.

Just an honest question, got to thinking about it figured i'd ask if anyone else has thought about this and what might occur. I'm sure it will still get full scores from the IGNs of the gaming world, but because of the latest drama I actually don't think i'd be surprised to see 7's either from those wanting to look unbiased by reviewing more critically.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#2aszsithPosted 1/24/2014 9:03:52 PM
I don't think that serious journalists will alter their review process in any way. I also don't think the game was/is likely to get perfect scores anyway. Very few games get universal perfect scores, and even fewer that are viewed by some as "incomplete".
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#3pwnater777Posted 1/24/2014 9:06:43 PM
Critics are already always writing BS reviews anyways. Do you think CoD: Ghosts really is a 10/10, 5 star game? Or any of the others from the last few years?

I just listen to legitimate gamer opinions nowadays.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#4Reflex-ArcPosted 1/24/2014 9:09:50 PM
The only reviews I've ever placed any faith in are those from people I personally know. Beyond that I will typically scan through a number of "professional" reviews and pick out the bits that either intrigue me or turn me off. Ultimately, the only review that matters at all is my own. Sometimes I pick well, sometimes I get burned. It's all part of the "hobby."
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#5Apex-Player(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 10:02:41 PM
Yeah I know reviewers get far fetched and hype really plays a factor in the overall scores for a lot of these reviews, like with CoD.

I just thought they might not ride the hype train with TF because of all the negative press lately with advertising/reviews being bought up and the publics opinions about it lately, that perhaps they might give a critical review this time rather then throw around 10's for AAA sake. It'll be interesting to see, i'm not holding my breath though I expect 10/10 by mostly everyone same as CoD gets treated.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#6Millertime660Posted 1/24/2014 10:31:02 PM
I highly doubt it will get a 10 out of 10.... but I dont think it will affect the reviews. Even If it does there is no way for us to know anyways.

It definitely wont change the fact that ill be getting the game, and judge it for myself.