Tomb Raider Sequel Will Utilize The Same Engine As Definitive Edition BUT...

#11StrongBlackVinePosted 1/24/2014 7:15:02 PM
slyman19 posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
slyman19 posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Locked 30 fps on Xbone!

A consistent 30fps has been hard to achieve on Xflop. See Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and ACIV for confirmation. Two of those are exclusives so lazy developers cannot be an excuse.

I`ve never had any FR problems with Ryse or AC4. Do you have any articles examining those two games?

Ryse and ACIV definitely dipped below 30fps. Ryse drops to the low 20s at times and ACIV has dips too. I know Dead Rising 3 got a patch, but wasn't sure if locked at 30fps though. With it being 720p it us possible.

Where did you get your info?

Digital Foundry
#12Team_NinjaPosted 1/24/2014 7:28:04 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
More interested in the alleged Sleeping Dogs sequel.

Wish they'd get a bigger budget this time to polish things up.
#13krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 7:32:50 PM
slyman19 posted...
Locked 30 fps on Xbone!

A consistent 30fps has been hard to achieve on Xflop. See Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and ACIV for confirmation. Two of those are exclusives so lazy developers cannot be an excuse.

I`ve never had any FR problems with Ryse or AC4. Do you have any articles examining those two games?

Ryse and ACIV definitely dipped below 30fps. Ryse drops to the low 20s at times and ACIV has dips too. I know Dead Rising 3 got a patch, but wasn't sure if locked at 30fps though. With it being 720p it us possible.

I played a lot of ACIV and even fighting a great multitude of ships w/ allied ships (ships become allied when you attack their attacker) had no noticeable FR dip. Same w/ fighting tons of enemies at once.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#14StrongBlackVinePosted 1/24/2014 7:35:23 PM
krystyla posted...
slyman19 posted...
Locked 30 fps on Xbone!

I played a lot of ACIV and even fighting a great multitude of ships w/ allied ships (ships become allied when you attack their attacker) had no noticeable FR dip. Same w/ fighting tons of enemies at once.

Well that is good, but it doesn't mean the frames didn't drop. Most games I play I don't notice them either.