Can't MS Just Play the Parity Card for Tomb Raider DE?

#1QuadForce878Posted 1/24/2014 7:31:53 PM
Refuse to the let Square Enix release Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on the Xbox One unless the PS4 version is also capped at 30 frames per second. Square Enix would have no choice but to agree to their demand or risk losing sales on a potential console in the west. I mean Microsoft has played the Parity Card in the past such as not even publishing games if its released on the PSN first.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-why-microsoft-wont-publish-psn-firsts
#2StrongBlackVinePosted 1/24/2014 7:41:45 PM(edited)
Good luck with that. Sony owns this generation alreadyand Microsoft is in no position to dictate parity. If Microsoft even could force parity then the PS4 owners will refuse to buy the game. Tomb Raider 4 got a big spike in hype when 60fps was announced. Also COD, BF4, ACIV didn't have forced parity so what makes you think any game would. BF4 and COD Ghost had deals with Microsoft and still ran better on PS4.
#3professional gamerPosted 1/24/2014 7:45:19 PM
They may not have the numbers for that to work this time.
---
PSN: Profess-Gamer
#4Team_NinjaPosted 1/24/2014 7:57:44 PM
When I hear that the dev for the xbox one version needed help from the dev of the developing ps4 version, I can't really blame xbox for this one. Rather I point to the incompetence of the dev working on the xbox one version.
#5StrongBlackVinePosted 1/24/2014 7:58:47 PM
professional gamer posted...
They may not have the numbers for that to work this time.

Plus with the systems being so similar it only makes sense for the PS4 version to better(even if only slighty) every time. These are basically PCs and PS4 has higher specs.
#6QuadForce878(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 9:16:24 PM
The difference between CoD and Tomb Raider is CoD is a guaranteed multi millionaire seller. It would be financial suicide if Microsoft refused to let Activision release CoD on the Xbox One just because Activision refuse to release the PS4 of CoD at 720p. Also unlike Tomb Raider, CoD and Battlefield on the Xbox One has timed exclusive DLC that may give gamers an incentive to pick up the XB1 version instead of the PS4.
#795_EclipsePosted 1/24/2014 10:40:44 PM
That's going to be a lot more difficult this gen, as the Ps4 is not only more powerful it's easier to develop for AND, it's sold more. It's going to be hard for them to push their demands onto any established publisher.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#8Reflex-ArcPosted 1/24/2014 10:43:04 PM
I'm not sure why any gamer would even want that.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#995_EclipsePosted 1/24/2014 10:45:19 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...

Maybe they are an Xbox One fanboy? It seems that for some reason they can't just accept the Ps4 is more powerful and move on after all. They'd rather limit the PS4.

It's like console players wanting to limit PC's, makes no sense. You could simply buy a PC if you want too. *shrugs* I'll never truly understand fanboys.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#10krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 10:50:03 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

Maybe they are an Xbox One fanboy? It seems that for some reason they can't just accept the Ps4 is more powerful and move on after all. They'd rather limit the PS4.

It's like console players wanting to limit PC's, makes no sense. You could simply buy a PC if you want to. *shrugs* I'll never truly understand fanboys.

There was a poll on this and all but a few voted not to care/mind if PS4 got 60fps, seems it got deleted.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB