30fps....60fps....SAME GAME IN THE END!!

#1MOATS7798Posted 1/24/2014 7:34:14 PM
Tomb Raider.....720P....1080P....

Same game as well.....

It's such a big deal why?? Few more pixels? Slightly smoother screen....

But it's the same damn game....

All these PS4 owners act like they have discovered the Holy Grail or Fountain of Youth like 60fps is groundbreaking news...

How about I get this for my gaming PC and slap a few texture mods on it, run it 60fps and make it look even "better" than the PS4 version and then we can all come back and brag that I played the same game as you and the mod didn't change the game at all!!!......
#2StrongBlackVinePosted 1/24/2014 7:36:49 PM
MOATS7798 posted...
Tomb Raider.....720P....1080P....

Same game as well.....

It's such a big deal why?? Few more pixels? Slightly smoother screen....

But it's the same damn game....

All these PS4 owners act like they have discovered the Holy Grail or Fountain of Youth like 60fps is groundbreaking news...

How about I get this for my gaming PC and slap a few texture mods on it, run it 60fps and make it look even "better" than the PS4 version and then we can all come back and brag that I played the same game as you and the mod didn't change the game at all!!!......

There are no texture mods for PC equivalent to the PS4 or Xbox One version. You have another NBA 2K14 situation on your hands hermit. Well at least you do with PS4 as it is 60fps.
#3ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/24/2014 7:38:49 PM(edited)
Which would you rather have, a car with the basic trim, or the same car model with extra packages? (at no extra cost)
---
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.
XBL Gold in a nutshell: http://imgur.com/cT6qYn4
#4G2584Posted 1/24/2014 7:40:17 PM
If you think there is no noticeable difference between 30 and 60fps, then you are incredibly ignorant. This sounds like a reassurance topic to me.
---
Openly gay Christian. It does get better. Feel free to message me.
#5arc170pilot22Posted 1/24/2014 7:59:35 PM
I completely agree with TC. I never look at fps before I buy a game, and never end up thinking to myself "wow, this game runs really smooth!" despite the fact that a game might be running at 60 fps. This leads me to think that advertising fps works like a placebo effect, and telling people they have better fps makes them automatically think about how smooth their game is and it looks better, when in actuality, it does not really change much.
---
Some say the cup is half empty, some say the cup is half full. I say the cup is twice as big as it needs to be.
#6OmegaTavoPosted 1/24/2014 8:44:10 PM
G2584 posted...
If you think there is no noticeable difference between 30 and 60fps, then you are incredibly ignorant. This sounds like a reassurance topic to me.

---
A proud contributor of the videogame industry since 1987
#7KcrackPosted 1/24/2014 8:52:06 PM
I'm guessing TC was never around on the 360 boards?
#8Reflex-ArcPosted 1/24/2014 8:52:27 PM
OmegaTavo posted...
G2584 posted...

30 fps is totally acceptable. Most gamers have been playing at that frame rate for years without complaint. The simple fact is, if you only own an XBO and want to play this game, you are going to be perfectly content. It'll still be gorgeous. It'll still be fun.

...If you also own a PS4, get it on that console if you crave the extra eyecandy that 60 fps provides (unless of course you prefer the XBO controller).
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#9DFMan456Posted 1/24/2014 8:52:44 PM
Fight on brother, reassure our purchase!
#10JiZamezPosted 1/24/2014 9:10:45 PM
arc170pilot22 posted...
I completely agree with TC. I never look at fps before I buy a game, and never end up thinking to myself "wow, this game runs really smooth!" despite the fact that a game might be running at 60 fps. This leads me to think that advertising fps works like a placebo effect, and telling people they have better fps makes them automatically think about how smooth their game is and it looks better, when in actuality, it does not really change much.

^ perfect example of the Xbone userbase.

"I don't care if the performance sucks and I'll still pay $100 more because it's not a PS4!"
---
http://psnprofiles.com/MapleStory