30fps....60fps....SAME GAME IN THE END!!

#11Reflex-ArcPosted 1/24/2014 9:16:27 PM
Threads like this make it disturbingly obvious which users truly just love gaming, and which are hung up on specs.

Just play your games, folks. It's all good. :)
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#12dolablaPosted 1/24/2014 9:22:48 PM(edited)
There's a pretty big difference between 60fps and 30fps, lol. There's a reason COD did so well last gen. Being 60fps played a big role in that. Some people might not have been able to explain why COD ran smoother than other FPS games (because they don't/didn't know what 60fps vs. 30fps is), but they knew something was going on that gave them a much more fluid gaming experience on COD games.
#13crazyray47Posted 1/24/2014 9:21:33 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Threads like this make it disturbingly obvious which users truly just love gaming, and which are hung up on specs.

Too bad in a year the next gen consoles will be outdated. If you want specs get a PC.
#14TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/24/2014 9:21:54 PM
All of this stuff is just overflowing angst from the PS3 having inferior ports to the 360 for so many years. They need something to do, as it's not like they have games to play.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#15josuna123Posted 1/24/2014 9:35:10 PM(edited)
Anyone who tries to justify paying for a less optimized version of a game, WHEN WE PAYED $100 MORE FOR OUR CONSOLE AS OPPOSED TO THE COMPETITION, is a straight up fanboy.

I own both consoles this gen, but Sony is getting all of my money when the PS4 gets all of my multiplats, unlike last gen when Microsoft got all my multiplats on the Xbox 360.

It makes me mad, because I want Microsoft to better themselves, but all this negative news after another is really proving that Microsoft did not build a console for the gamers, and neither does Microsoft have the cajones to tell developers to focus on 1080p/60fps.

That and PSN is slowly starting to prove more worth than XBL, since all XBL had for it was reliability, but PSN is just as reliable now, and offers freebies/discounts.

I'm not sure if this image has made it's way around here, but here it is for those who haven't seen it.
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/803/4773/original.jpg
#16Reflex-ArcPosted 1/24/2014 9:23:53 PM
crazyray47 posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

Too bad in a year the next gen consoles will be outdated. If you want specs get a PC.

True. That's the reason I build and maintain gaming PCs, but consoles offer gaming experiences not available on home computers. That alone makes them worthwhile to me as a gamer. I'm in it for the fun more so than anything else.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#17ProtoManEXE88Posted 1/24/2014 9:35:31 PM
crazyray47 posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

The consoles are already outdated in terms of modern PCs, you pay for what you get.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#1895_EclipsePosted 1/24/2014 9:44:02 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...

Or maybe, it makes it obvious who doesn't have foresight. In a few years when games are pushing the limits of the hardware to the max, games that can only manage 30 FPS on PS4, will have to be dumbed down graphically, and potentially in gameplay (via reduced on screen enemies for example) in order to maintain 30 FPS and not dip hard.

Honestly, most people don't care much about it, it's just when idiot fanboys try to pretend the XBO is more powerful than it is, that draws out the trolls. 90% of the trolling over graphics differences, is caused by XBO fanboys who STILL dispute the power difference, even though it's there for anyone to see, in cold hard facts, known as specs. If they didn't do that dumb ****. No one would care.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#19Reflex-ArcPosted 1/24/2014 9:48:52 PM(edited)
95_Eclipse posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

Or maybe, it makes it obvious who doesn't have foresight. In a few years when games are pushing the limits of the hardware to the max, games that can only manage 30 FPS on PS4, will have to be dumbed down graphically, and potentially in gameplay (via reduced on screen enemies for example) in order to maintain 30 FPS and not dip hard.

Honestly, most people don't care much about it, it's just when idiot fanboys try to pretend the XBO is more powerful than it is, that draws out the trolls. 90% of the trolling over graphics differences, is caused by XBO fanboys who STILL dispute the power difference, even though it's there for anyone to see, in cold hard facts, known as specs. If they didn't do that dumb ****. No one would care.

Then there are those who decide to look past the architectural differences of both consoles and don't fail to realize that, with time and talented developers, even the underdog will produce some amazingly beautiful games that are *gasp* fun to play. Cold hard facts are indeed cold hard facts, but fun games are also fun games.
---
#20QueezZeenartPosted 1/24/2014 9:50:24 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Which would you rather have, a car with the basic trim, or the same car model with extra packages? (at no extra cost)

In this case, the "extra package" model is actually cheaper than the "basic trim" model by 20%.