30fps....60fps....SAME GAME IN THE END!!

#21Orange_ApplesPosted 1/24/2014 10:24:38 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
OmegaTavo posted...
G2584 posted...
If you think there is no noticeable difference between 30 and 60fps, then you are incredibly ignorant. This sounds like a reassurance topic to me.

30 fps is totally acceptable. Most gamers have been playing at that frame rate for years without complaint. The simple fact is, if you only own an XBO and want to play this game, you are going to be perfectly content. It'll still be gorgeous. It'll still be fun.

...If you also own a PS4, get it on that console if you crave the extra eyecandy that 60 fps provides (unless of course you prefer the XBO controller).

Gaming used to be under 20 fps and we were fine with it at the time. Doesn't mean it should be acceptable today.

Also, people have been complaining about 30 fps for quite some time. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#22pwnater777Posted 1/24/2014 10:32:34 PM
http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#23Reflex-ArcPosted 1/24/2014 10:35:10 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
OmegaTavo posted...
G2584 posted...
If you think there is no noticeable difference between 30 and 60fps, then you are incredibly ignorant. This sounds like a reassurance topic to me.

30 fps is totally acceptable. Most gamers have been playing at that frame rate for years without complaint. The simple fact is, if you only own an XBO and want to play this game, you are going to be perfectly content. It'll still be gorgeous. It'll still be fun.

...If you also own a PS4, get it on that console if you crave the extra eyecandy that 60 fps provides (unless of course you prefer the XBO controller).

Gaming used to be under 20 fps and we were fine with it at the time. Doesn't mean it should be acceptable today.

Also, people have been complaining about 30 fps for quite some time. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Did I say "I didn't see it?" No, and it doesn't change my opinion.

30 fps is perfectly playable and my point stands that, if your only console (or console of choice) for any particular game is rendering that game at 30 fps, it wont hinder your enjoyment of that game if it is a game you are truly enjoying playing.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#24NSGraphitePosted 1/24/2014 10:35:49 PM
MOATS7798 posted...
Tomb Raider.....720P....1080P....

Same game as well.....

It's such a big deal why?? Few more pixels? Slightly smoother screen....

But it's the same damn game....

All these PS4 owners act like they have discovered the Holy Grail or Fountain of Youth like 60fps is groundbreaking news...

How about I get this for my gaming PC and slap a few texture mods on it, run it 60fps and make it look even "better" than the PS4 version and then we can all come back and brag that I played the same game as you and the mod didn't change the game at all!!!......

U mad bro?
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#25tadmfpolePosted 1/24/2014 10:43:00 PM
arc170pilot22 posted...
I completely agree with TC. I never look at fps before I buy a game, and never end up thinking to myself "wow, this game runs really smooth!" despite the fact that a game might be running at 60 fps. This leads me to think that advertising fps works like a placebo effect, and telling people they have better fps makes them automatically think about how smooth their game is and it looks better, when in actuality, it does not really change much.

If you think the difference between 30 and 60 fps is a placebo or an advertising trick you are almost blind or very very very unobservant. The difference affects gameplay and graphics simultaneously, and to a degree that does not require side by side comparisons to see a very plain and clear difference.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#26RaRitsujunPosted 1/24/2014 10:46:16 PM
G2584 posted...

---
18700 XBL Gamerscores | 43 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#27tadmfpolePosted 1/24/2014 10:57:13 PM
The level of denial is now approaching this side of stupid. 30 fps vs 60 fps isn't apples and oranges no matter how hard you spin it. Unless you are one of the .000000000000001% of people that get motion sickness from playing video games that run at 60 fps, this isn't even debatable.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#28WilkECoyotePosted 1/24/2014 11:11:11 PM
I think if you are choosing a console over a PC then you shouldn't be losing sleep over resolution or FPS. It's reasonable to complain if the performance dips under 30 fps or you have a situation like Bayonetta where it completely changes the way the game feels and how you respond.

Tomb Raider was fine on 360/PS3 at 30 fps, and probably fine for some people when it would sometimes dip a couple frames in intense situations. As someone who owns the One and doesn't plan on getting a PS4 because having both doesn't seem worth the investment, I'm perfectly happy with what I'm getting.

It's not reassurance, I know what I was getting when I get the One over the 4. I knew it wasn't as powerful, but I liked what it was doing, its potential, and personally preferred the controller.

Then again, I'll never understand why I respond to any posts when I could just be playing and not really caring about people obsessing over things night and day instead of just playing.
#29Reflex-ArcPosted 1/24/2014 11:14:54 PM
In the grand scheme of things, that's all that matters.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#30ChargrilledPosted 1/24/2014 11:30:08 PM
Their number is bigger than your number.

Its a way to hurt over the internet. Quite effective against some.
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!