30fps....60fps....SAME GAME IN THE END!!

#41odcrl001Posted 1/25/2014 12:08:08 AM
Did M$ paid you like they paid those youtube guys?
#42MithrilMonarchPosted 1/25/2014 12:12:30 AM
lol
#43KotomineKireiPosted 1/25/2014 12:15:07 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Threads like this make it disturbingly obvious which users truly just love gaming, and which are hung up on specs.

Just play your games, folks. It's all good. :)

Games can(I'm not saying that they will, as that also depends on the developer) play better with more powerful hardware.
For example, it can allow for gameplay that wasn't possible with lesser hardware, such as abilities in games that affect a large area, larger maps with more going on it, or having more enemies on screen at one time.
Also, 60fps gives a pretty good difference in the play of a game when compared to 30fps.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlVHXT3edG4
#44Trespasser2003Posted 1/25/2014 12:23:28 AM
tadmfpole posted...
The level of denial is now approaching this side of stupid. 30 fps vs 60 fps isn't apples and oranges no matter how hard you spin it. Unless you are one of the .000000000000001% of people that get motion sickness from playing video games that run at 60 fps, this isn't even debatable.

I get motion sickness from 60fps in certain games. This, luckily, isn't one of them. It seems to be mainly FPS. :(
---
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.
#45strife14467Posted 1/25/2014 12:28:08 AM
Personally I don't care if one version runs at 30 fps and another at 60 fps, as long as the gameplay is the same I don't care about what the fps is. If the game plays smoothly enough at 30 fps then that's perfectly fine with me. A lot of games don't even need 60 fps anyway, so 30 fps on most games is just fine.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, and XBOX
#46Flare1721Posted 1/25/2014 12:28:46 AM
arc170pilot22 posted...
I completely agree with TC. I never look at fps before I buy a game, and never end up thinking to myself "wow, this game runs really smooth!" despite the fact that a game might be running at 60 fps. This leads me to think that advertising fps works like a placebo effect, and telling people they have better fps makes them automatically think about how smooth their game is and it looks better, when in actuality, it does not really change much.

Then you play FF13-2 and Borderlands on PS3 and realize it needs 60FPS.
---
Xemnas - Best Final Boss Ever - KH2, We Want Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721 Boston Bruins thank you for a hard fought season!
#47tadmfpolePosted 1/25/2014 12:30:24 AM
strife14467 posted...
Personally I don't care if one version runs at 30 fps and another at 60 fps, as long as the gameplay is the same I don't care about what the fps is. If the game plays smoothly enough at 30 fps then that's perfectly fine with me. A lot of games don't even need 60 fps anyway, so 30 fps on most games is just fine.

The thing is the gameplay is not the same at 30 fps as it is at 60. That isn't to say that it is unplayable at 30 fps but it simply is better at 60.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#48Jon_GodPosted 1/25/2014 12:43:51 AM
This reminds me of the PS3 board after Beyonetta and some other games had multiplats that were better on the 360.

Months and months, nay years of it being pushed in the face of people on that board.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#49Spetsnaz420Posted 1/25/2014 12:48:33 AM
arc170pilot22 posted...
I completely agree with TC. I never look at fps before I buy a game, and never end up thinking to myself "wow, this game runs really smooth!" despite the fact that a game might be running at 60 fps. This leads me to think that advertising fps works like a placebo effect, and telling people they have better fps makes them automatically think about how smooth their game is and it looks better, when in actuality, it does not really change much.

This simply isn't true. The difference is noticeable to lots of people but not everyone. For example my wife can almost never tell when a movie is in HD or not. She ddoesn't notice audio sync issues as early as I do either... That doesn't mean there isn't a difference. The question is should it matter to you?
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#50Master_BassPosted 1/25/2014 1:05:23 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
30 fps is totally acceptable.

Not for me. I'm glad I don't have to put up with it on my PC.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.