Take that PC gamers, the xbox one Tomb Raider DE is better than PC version

#1xtacbPosted 1/24/2014 8:13:59 PM
Take that PC gamers, the xbox one Tomb Raider DE is better than PC version - Results (135 votes)
Yes, I knew it Tomb Raider Definitive version on xbox one is better than the TR regular on PC
40.74% (55 votes)
No, i dont believe the proof that PC is 3rd for TR, even though theres ton of comparison screenshots gifs and video
59.26% (80 votes)
This poll is now closed.
vote nao

For Once, The PC Version Comes In Third

Also interesting: both next-gen versions look better than the PC version in some respects. A couple of weeks ago, when we ran that IGN video detailing the new features in the Definitive Edition, a bunch of readers were quick to say "So, it's basically just the PC version on ultra settings, ported to consoles." Ah, but that's not the case.

Putting the two versions side by side, there are a number of differences. Most immediately noticeable is how much more alive the environments feel in the new version: Howling winds and low-hanging clouds blow through most areas, where in the PC version there was only open air and the occasional bit of fog. Trees in the Definitive Edition blow in the wind where on PC they stand still. In some places in the Definitive Edition, flocks of birds circle in the air, while on PC the air is empty.

The definitive edition also has much more high-contrast, dramatic lighting, and everything looks somehow heightened—every time I'd switch back to see a similar scene on PC things would look flat and less active.

http://kotaku.com/tomb-raider-on-ps4-is-more-definitive-than-on-xbox-o-1508613136

Gif of PC version: http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19dkynjgt5cwvgif/ku-xlarge.gif

Gif of Xbox one verision: http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19dkyqzry06xwgif/ku-xlarge.gif

xbox one version simply has MORE STUFF than PC version
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#2DaLaggaPosted 1/24/2014 8:16:54 PM
The PC version can run at a constant 60fps while the Xbone version stutters and sputters around 30fps. In addition, the console versions are strapped with crappy controls for a shooter (M&K or go home). Like it or not, the PC version is still definitive because it plays the best.
#3krystylaPosted 1/24/2014 8:17:25 PM
What does it matter PC users don't have to buy the game a 2nd time?
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#4Reflex-ArcPosted 1/24/2014 8:20:22 PM
The DE version on consoles still lacks the superior AA capabilities of a nice PC. I can't be the only one who has noticed how jaggy the DE version looks.That alone makes the PC version better IMHO.

Of course that's not going to stop me from buying the DE version. I got it for free on PC with my videocard, so I can justify the price buying it on console. Plus I really should buy a game for my PS4 as I don't own any and the poor thing's been neglected since launch. :(
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#5xtacb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 8:40:33 PM(edited)
PC might be at 60 FPS, but it doesnt have the new physics, new textures, etc

for example the tree wind swaying, fog rolling through, birds in the sky, and the new Lara face, only in Definitive edition

---
#6Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 1/24/2014 8:47:44 PM
So basically PC isn't strong enough right? I'm obviously kidding
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#7xtacb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 8:49:06 PM
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
So basically PC isn't strong enough right? I'm obviously kidding

yea its not a matter of strong enough, PC simply has the old version of the game without all the extras and new stuff the developers themselves put in
---
#8Rome218Posted 1/24/2014 8:57:58 PM
DaLagga posted...
The PC version can run at a constant 60fps while the Xbone version stutters and sputters around 30fps. In addition, the console versions are strapped with crappy controls for a shooter (M&K or go home). Like it or not, the PC version is still definitive because it plays the best.

I just saw the two screenshots.

Does adding 30 FPS make the world look alive, and add better lighting? Look at the tree branch on the left. Look at how the wind impacts the environment.

Also, I do not see myself playing a third person platformer on a mouse and keyboard. M&K argument was valid pre xbox 360 controllers. Now, the new xbox one controller has a better TRIGGER(you're not tapping on a mouse), and the firing trigger itself has rumble support.

The only thing mouse and keyboard are good for now are RTS and MMORPGs. I am happy to say that controllers finally took over the mouse and keyboard. Headshots are very easy to get with analogs, the triggers feel better, and there is force feedback.

On the mouse and keyboard, you have to have one hand on a keyboard and one on a mouse. IMO that sucks when comparing it to a conventional controller.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#9Reflex-ArcPosted 1/24/2014 9:17:40 PM
I prefer to play my PC games on an Xbox controller.

*shrug*
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#10GabrielVanPosted 1/24/2014 9:24:46 PM
Its easy to get headshots with analogs because you've got auto-aim built in. This has been argued to death.. M&K absolutely dominates controllers in FPS games. It's not even close. Take off the auto-aim and you wouldn't hit sh#t