Take that PC gamers, the xbox one Tomb Raider DE is better than PC version

#21Rome218Posted 1/25/2014 4:00:41 AM
Marqmax posted...
GabrielVan posted...
Its easy to get headshots with analogs because you've got auto-aim built in. This has been argued to death.. M&K absolutely dominates controllers in FPS games. It's not even close. Take off the auto-aim and you wouldn't hit sh#t

I turn off auto aim where available because it usually does more harm than good and there's auto aim options on PC games.

I don't take off auto aim. However, I feel that the experience of a controller cannot be bested by a mouse and keyboard.

In this day and age, I would prefer to have a controller that may have a little auto assist, but has all the awesomeness of a trigger, like you're actually firing something, and it gives you force feedback. Also, controlling your character with the analog stick is so much better than WASD, especially if you want to say, back pedal to your left. There has been times where I have pressed 3 buttons by accident when PC gaming while doing this, and got an annoying sound.

I used to be in the "Mouse and keyboard > Controller" crowed.

In fact, some of my favorite games of the past were Quake:TF, Counter-Strike 1.6 and Source, Half Life 2, Far Cry PC version, FEAR the PC version, and I know I am missing a lot because I am an FPS fanatic. :P

However, once I learned how awesome the 360 controller was, I never wanted to go back. Besides modded controllers, everyone on-line is created equal.

For PC gaming, people will shell out 80 dollars for a gaming mouse, there are even gaming keyboards, and I even owned a gaming mousepad.(Yeah, I played CS:S very competitively, even though the clan I was in was only Cal-O, the group any clan can get in.)

I happily wave goodbye to those days. I still have my logitech mx518 somewhere, gave my gaming mouse pad to someone who was a PC gamer, and sold my gaming PC I invested over 2k from 2004 to 2007 for a few hundred bucks and got a laptop. I decided to keep my gaming and my internet use separate, and I love not using a desk top. I can move my laptop around where I want. In my bedroom, right now it's on a table and I'm on a couch. I have not been committed to sitting in one room to use a computer since 2007, and I do not think I will ever go back. Graphics and FPS be damned, my favorite games were choppy as ****, like KOTOR. One of my favorite games last gen aside from Max Payne 3 and RDR was actually Mark of the Ninja.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#22jonnyram4000Posted 1/25/2014 5:41:18 AM
Wonder what TC going say when Tomb raider DE comes to pc.I guess then he be singing a different tune like graphics don't make a game etc....
---
3820 5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | 3way FTW670 4gb |Sammy 830 256gb SSD I sammy 1tb l Mobo ASUS Rampage IV Formula l ASUS PB278Ql PSU ST1500 l HD598 l HDTV PN51D8000
#23mindoftwomoronsPosted 1/25/2014 5:55:21 AM
Ok, not for nothing, but Ultra isn't the highest graphics setting on the PC version of Tomb Raider. That would be Ultimate. Not that it makes a big difference, but that's not the best looking shot the PC version could have.
---
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/aguwargrey.gif http://i.imgur.com/u2FewN1.gif
#24xtacb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 10:15:54 AM
The definitive version was never made for the PC. The PC version is from a year ago.

If DE version comes out for PC with all the new bells and whistles , then yes obviously DE for PC would be best version

but right now, PC , PS3, xbox 360, are running year old versions of TR

and i think the developers said they didnt have plans to release DE on PC, not anything soon anyway
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#25pwnater777Posted 1/25/2014 10:17:58 AM
ITT: Xbox One fanboys don't know about PC upgrades or graphics settings.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#26xtacb(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 10:19:54 AM
pwnater777 posted...
ITT: Xbox One fanboys don't know about PC upgrades or graphics settings.

PC upgrades dont add swaying trees in the wind, new particle and physics, new Lara face

new updates textures, etc

u need Developers or mods to add that stuff, and right now, that stuff doesnt exist for the old PC version
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#27NO2_FiendPosted 1/25/2014 10:22:59 AM
DaLagga posted...
The PC version can run at a constant 60fps while the Xbone version stutters and sputters around 30fps. In addition, the console versions are strapped with crappy controls for a shooter (M&K or go home). Like it or not, the PC version is still definitive because it plays the best.

Oh really? Then how come I dominate PC gamers with my DS3 when I play PC games? KB&M superiority is a myth.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#28NO2_FiendPosted 1/25/2014 10:30:41 AM
The fact is KB&M are not designed for controlling games whereas a gamepad is. That is what a gamepad is literally designed for and it is far superior in every aspect. LOL just look at how hard it is for PC gamers to maneuver with KB&M. You may think it's easier to aim with a mouse but that's only due to the fact that PC gamers with KB&M can't bob and weave like somebody who's rocking a gamepad. It's actually pretty hilarious when I play on a PC because I'll be bobbing all up and down their screen just messing with them because I know they'll never hit me and I just sit there cracking up at them while they try.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#29Dark_SpiretPosted 1/25/2014 10:36:38 AM
cant win'em all.

yet.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Rising - Bioshock 2 - Skyrim
#30USFPosted 1/27/2014 10:40:52 AM
NO2_Fiend posted...
The fact is KB&M are not designed for controlling games whereas a gamepad is. That is what a gamepad is literally designed for and it is far superior in every aspect. LOL just look at how hard it is for PC gamers to maneuver with KB&M. You may think it's easier to aim with a mouse but that's only due to the fact that PC gamers with KB&M can't bob and weave like somebody who's rocking a gamepad. It's actually pretty hilarious when I play on a PC because I'll be bobbing all up and down their screen just messing with them because I know they'll never hit me and I just sit there cracking up at them while they try.

LOL wut?
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed IV, Diablo III: RoS, Hearthstone.