How Do You Choose a Game System?

#1aszsithPosted 1/25/2014 2:11:23 AM
What is the MAIN Factor You Consider When Choosing a Game System - Results (146 votes)
Brand Loyalty - I'm a fan of X company. I'm buying what they're selling.
4.11% (6 votes)
Hardware Specs - I'm a techie. I want the most powerful.
11.64% (17 votes)
Social - My friends have X console and I want to play online with them.
10.96% (16 votes)
Exclusives - I like Z franchise and it's only on X console.
54.79% (80 votes)
Availability - I take what I can get at the time.
0.68% (1 votes)
Popularity - I go with whatever is "hot" at the time.
0.68% (1 votes)
Omni-Purchase - I don't choose. I get all of them.
17.12% (25 votes)
This poll is now closed.
With all of the bickering and fighting going on about hardware specs and fanboyism and all that, I figured it would be interesting to see what decision process is used by the gamers here to make their purchase.

There is no right or wrong answers here. Everyone coming to this site, regardless of what system(s) they own, whether they are 3 generations behind or at the front of the newest tech, made a purchase based on something.

What was that something? Why did you buy the one(s) you did?
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#2teehee23Posted 1/25/2014 2:16:27 AM
The best exclusive games are on the Xbox brand and we deserve the best so there wasn't a choice.
---
1. Don't hate Xbox #1 because you can't get a girlfriend.
2. I want Nintendo to make a console comeback and re-introduce me to their ride.
#3SigmaLongshotPosted 1/25/2014 2:16:43 AM
I'm surprised there was no option for "it has the particular games I prefer", aszsith, but from this list, I say "omni-purchase".

I think if I was restricted to one platform, games would be my singular critical point.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#4SigmaLongshotPosted 1/25/2014 2:18:30 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
I'm surprised there was no option for "it has the particular games I prefer", aszsith, but from this list, I say "omni-purchase".

I think if I was restricted to one platform, games would be my singular critical point.

Okay, I am thick as day-old custard. I noticed there WAS this option. But still, my choice is valid because we live in a world of variety!

I'm off to the opticians now.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#5aszsith(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 2:19:12 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...

I figured that if you preferred multi platform games then that would be a non factor and one of the other choices would come into play. And if those games were exclusive, then that would be the factor.

It's hard to objectively think of reasonable poll responses at 4am...
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#6aszsith(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 9:04:47 AM
Bump for the day crowd
---
#7CrazyEyeLouiePosted 1/25/2014 9:21:55 AM
None of the above. I choose xbone bc of the customer service they offer. Had a bad experience with sony back in the day. Long story shorty i got a faulty console and they wanted me to pay to ship it back to them so they could "fix" my 2 day old console. Have had nothing but good experiences with ms customer support.
#8aszsith(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 9:27:24 AM
CrazyEyeLouie posted...
None of the above. I choose xbone bc of the customer service they offer. Had a bad experience with sony back in the day. Long story shorty i got a faulty console and they wanted me to pay to ship it back to them so they could "fix" my 2 day old console. Have had nothing but good experiences with ms customer support.

I would classify that as Brand Loyalty then. The service provided by Microsoft earned your loyalty as a consumer.

On a side note: It's nice to hear someone that doesn't complain about the customer service for once. While there are a lot horror stories out there, I'm certain that many of those are caused by the individual attitude of the consumer more than the incompetence of the service rep.
---
#9pwnater777Posted 1/25/2014 9:29:50 AM
Well, I'd rather have a GDDR5 and plenty of frames per second. So hardware specs.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#10Darth_StinkiusPosted 1/25/2014 9:30:14 AM
I bought an X1 as I prefer MS exclusives. The offerings from Sony didnt appeal to me last gen whereas the MS exclusives (imo) were excellent
---
XBOX One - Darth Stinkius