How Do You Choose a Game System?

#31axelfooley2k5Posted 1/26/2014 9:31:14 AM
exclusives and console specs/3rd party performance

this gen was a no brainer

bring on the exclusives xbox!.....you need them
---
Guys! You gotta make it sexy. Hips and Nips, Otherwise i'm not eatin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54GV2qS3tL4
#32PSI_ThroatPunchPosted 1/26/2014 10:37:46 AM
For the most part? Exclusives. That's why I went with the PS4. I know that as of right now the exclusives are kind of meh (though Killzone's MP is really damned awesome and I can't get enough of Warframe. I mean c'mon, Borderlands meets Ninja Gaiden? It's a great action RPG) but down the road I see amazing games.

I'll probably eventually get an XBox One when they get some awesome games. 360 had Shadow Complex and Lost Odyssey (the REAL FFXIII) and those games are some of my favorite games of last generation.
---
Currently playing: Earthbound (SNES), Secret of Mana (SNES) Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) Civilization V (PC) Guild Wars 2 (PC)
PSN: AtmaNex
#33Perfect LightPosted 1/26/2014 10:53:39 AM
I went PS4 for multiple reasons, it wasn't a single one.

1. Cheaper
2. Better exclusives
3. Multiplats look better
---
Playing: Crysis 3
Waiting: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, South Park The Stick of Truth, inFamous Second Son, Watch Dogs
#34aszsith(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2014 11:18:17 PM
CapwnD posted...
Games.

Is this really a question?

Well, according to a lot of the posters on these boards, it seems to be. People keep arguing sales figures which would suggest they jumped on the popularity bandwagon. Others keep touting hardware specs which would suggest they only care about power. Still others point out that they got whatever their friends have.

There are a variety of factors. Obviously it always boils down to wanting a gaming system to play games. Then again, what if you are only interested in games that are multi platform? You'd need a second criterion to base your decision on.

Me? I don't choose. I get them all so I can enjoy all of the games that interest me, not just the ones on a single system. But I have more expendable income than others and I'm willing to spend it irresponsibly.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#35courteneycakesPosted 1/26/2014 11:46:05 PM
I get all of them eventually. I don't see the point in buying a console with no games for 400/500 bucks just because its coming out right now.
---
"Get off! Get lost, you're just a cheap pimp from upstate! Get out of my studio!"