60fps just feels next gen

#1degen2011Posted 1/25/2014 2:49:12 AM
Remember when the Xbox 360 and ps3 were initially aiming for 60fps 1080p

But they couldn't handle it

This is nearly 10 years later. It's 60fps or bust people.
#2SolisPosted 1/25/2014 2:57:31 AM
Framerate has never really been defined by the generation a game is in.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#3Millertime660Posted 1/25/2014 3:04:27 AM
degen doesnt seem to know what hes talking about. This did not need its own thread.
#4daniel79Posted 1/25/2014 3:12:27 AM
Millertime660 posted...
degen doesnt seem to know what hes talking about. This did not need its own thread.

He's not wrong though. It's 2014 and 'Next gen'

That should not involve 720p at 30. It's that simple, it's doesn't matter what the console or computer is.

Unless it's a handheld, of course. Yes the games can still be great to play but there's always that niggle they they can, and should, be 'better'
#5SolisPosted 1/25/2014 3:16:15 AM
daniel79 posted...
Millertime660 posted...

He's not wrong though. It's 2014 and 'Next gen'

That should not involve 720p at 30. It's that simple, it's doesn't matter what the console or computer is.

Unless it's a handheld, of course. Yes the games can still be great to play but there's always that niggle they they can, and should, be 'better'

What PS4 or Xbox One games are 720p and 30FPS?
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#6SigmaLongshotPosted 1/25/2014 3:18:41 AM
Suzie Simpleton: "I went on a date with this guy."
Emma Empath: "Oh, yeah? Was he nice?"
Suzie Simpleton: "Actually, yeah. He was handsome, funny, sweet and charming, and the perfect gentleman the entire night. I had a wonderful time."
Emma Empath: "Amazing!! So are you going to see him again?"
Suzie Simpleton: "Oh, er... nah. He didn't wear Armani."
Emma Empath: "Wait, I think you're missing the bigger picture here. You had a great time, he was a great guy, you can see yourself together, but you won't see him again because one suit wasn't Armani?!"
Suzie Simpleton: "Yeah, I'm not going to even entertain someone like that."
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#7LapanuiPosted 1/25/2014 3:35:05 AM
Developers are probably working more on improving the graphics, physics, ai and getting more on the screen at once than aiming for 1080p and 60 fps.

Those features are nice, but not if it affects everything else I have listed. Why display a game in 1080p and at 60 fps when the game looks like crap.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#8Sith JediPosted 1/25/2014 3:37:56 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Suzie Simpleton: "I went on a date with this guy."
Emma Empath: "Oh, yeah? Was he nice?"
Suzie Simpleton: "Actually, yeah. He was handsome, funny, sweet and charming, and the perfect gentleman the entire night. I had a wonderful time."
Emma Empath: "Amazing!! So are you going to see him again?"
Suzie Simpleton: "Oh, er... nah. He didn't wear Armani."
Emma Empath: "Wait, I think you're missing the bigger picture here. You had a great time, he was a great guy, you can see yourself together, but you won't see him again because one suit wasn't Armani?!"
Suzie Simpleton: "Yeah, I'm not going to even entertain someone like that."

Women in a nutshell. Or fanboys or whatever.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#9Spetsnaz420Posted 1/25/2014 3:39:08 AM
NES had 60FPS
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#10archibald3Posted 1/25/2014 3:54:27 AM
If your seriously concerned about frame rates and resolution you should be gaming on a pc. Both the ps4 and the X1 are in the minor leagues if horsepower is what motivates your choice.