Summary of Next Generation Consoles so far...

#1Jedi454Posted 1/25/2014 6:42:14 AM(edited)
Playstation 4... Runs games at a few more fps/ slightly better resolution, doesn't offer any significant exclusives for 2014 in this point of time though. It costs less, but provides a slightly less polished controller, offers a live-streaming service for older last generation games that Xbox One doesn't have (needs a fast internet connection and isn't free though) and doesn't come with a bundled camera that people oppose against anyway. More of a console for people on a budget that don't really play competitive online FPS/ Arcade games, but still enjoy slightly graphically superior games.

Xbox One... Slightly weaker in specs, runs games at lower resolutions/ fps, but has better textures, looks more dynamic, has more significant announced exclusives coming to the console for 2014 in this point of time, costs more or less (depending on the country), improved on the best controller ever made. It has a better online service, the online community for particular games has more hardcore gamers, opposed to online communities for PS games mostly consist of casuals, so it's probably safe to say that the Xbox One is more for hardcore gamers as was the 360.

Wii U... Has much more games to offer in this point in time, runs games pretty smoothly, despite it's critically inferior specs, offers a few significant exclusives for 2014, but it's been long overdue. It's very cheap, compared to the Ps4 and Xbox One, but that's because of it's release date, low demand, small list of released exclusives and general appeal. It may have another price drop, once again because Nintendo are struggling for sales. It's a console developed more towards a younger as well as casual audience, but it doesn't mean it's bad in any way.
Edit: The Wii U also offers backwards compatibility.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#2WellAlrightThenPosted 1/25/2014 7:19:08 AM
Summary of next-generation consoles so far...from the point of view of a die-hard fanboy.
#3Rome218Posted 1/25/2014 7:23:20 AM
Ryse is the best game I played in this gen. It is baffling the reviews it got! So many people here who actually played it, including myself, praise it!

The graphics are just the icing on the cake. This is true sword and board combat that is gritty as heck. It caters to people who want to just tap buttons and play it easy, and it caters to people who can get 100+ combos and see executions that most people will probably not experience.

Also, the Arena seems to show off more executions than the campaign.
The story is FANTASTIC!!!

<3 Ryse
I beat it more times then I care to admit. ^_^; It is rare for me to replay a game so many times unless I love it.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#4mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/25/2014 7:33:39 AM
WellAlrightThen posted...
Summary of next-generation consoles so far...from the point of view of a die-hard fanboy.

---
Save The Last Humans
#5Orange_ApplesPosted 1/25/2014 7:37:47 AM
Rome218 posted...
Ryse is the best game I played in this gen. It is baffling the reviews it got! So many people here who actually played it, including myself, praise it!

The graphics are just the icing on the cake. This is true sword and board combat that is gritty as heck. It caters to people who want to just tap buttons and play it easy, and it caters to people who can get 100+ combos and see executions that most people will probably not experience.

Also, the Arena seems to show off more executions than the campaign.
The story is FANTASTIC!!!

<3 Ryse
I beat it more times then I care to admit. ^_^; It is rare for me to replay a game so many times unless I love it.

Hmmm... someone named Rome really likes Ryse...

Also, gritty as heck? It is hard to take a game seriously when all the enemies slide around the screen like they're on ice skates to make sure they're in the perfect position for your fancy takedown animations. The whole thing looks absolutely silly.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#6Laylow12Posted 1/25/2014 7:38:07 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#7RaRitsujunPosted 1/25/2014 7:51:12 AM
Laylow12 posted...

---
18700 XBL Gamerscores | 43 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#8dnmtPosted 1/25/2014 8:02:30 AM
RaRitsujun posted...
Laylow12 posted...
#9SPARTAN_D7Posted 1/25/2014 8:09:10 AM
My Summary.

Over Hyped.
Over exaggerated.
---
Don't bro me if you don't know me.
#10carryonifucanPosted 1/25/2014 8:11:51 AM