From a life-long PC gamer. Fps matters. Resolution less.

#1Gaming4dummiesPosted 1/25/2014 11:18:01 AM
Shouldn't have to say this, but these are my opinions, and I'm not attempting to convey that these are hard facts. However, I do feel that I'm "right" :)

You don't have to be sensitive, or a gear head to appreciate the massive difference between 30 and 60 fps. Games that run at 30, while acceptable, feel slower, more ponderous to control. 60 fps is smooth as silk, and makes a game a true joy to play.

There isn't a single gamer who after playing 60 fps, could play the 30 fps version and not feel the difference.

Resolution is more subjective. Screen size, distance from the viewing surface, type of game being played -
For instance, Killer Instinct, that game looks amazing, and it's 60fps, but I was surprised to learn it was only 720p...could have fooled me!

Ryse, is not 60fps, and it feels like it. Running around the world - it's not easy on my eyes, not easy to focus on things.

Tomb Raider. It makes a difference that the PS4 is 60fps... I'm a huge X1 fan (no plans to own Sony next gen until there is a reason), but the X1 is definitely not keeping up.
---
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."
#2pwnater777Posted 1/25/2014 11:19:37 AM
Finally someone who rationally talks about this topic.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#3xHuckleberryPosted 1/25/2014 11:26:37 AM
A serious topic?

Sorry, but you wont even get acknowledged. Make a troll topic and you might get some replies.
---
GT: xHuckleberry --- PSN: yafeelme
>Living proof of a dying dream.
#4locksmithblackPosted 1/25/2014 11:28:16 AM(edited)
I agree, but this should only apply to PC gamers. Console gamers, at least from last gen, are used to 30fps. Fps really does make a substantial difference to the experience as opposed to resolution. 1080p is good on paper, but it's not really significant when playing the game. Take Uncharted. If it ran at 60fps, it would look damn near real and it's maxed at 720p. One of the best looking games of it's generation. That's why I don't understand why people that cry about res; in regards to gameplay, it's just a number. It's all part of the console war facade.
---
Haters = Motivators
#5AarksharkPosted 1/25/2014 11:30:19 AM
Stable 30 > Variable "60"

There's not much that's more annoying than a framerate drop.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#6Gaming4dummies(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 11:36:41 AM
Aarkshark posted...

I agree with you. NOT exactly the topic point, but yes, a stable frame rate is very much desired.
---
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."
#7slyman19Posted 1/25/2014 11:43:30 AM
No. I can go from a 60FPS game to 30FPS game no problem. It doesn't feel very different to me. 720P to 1080P on the other hand, is a lot more noticeable.
#8FinzFan4lifePosted 1/25/2014 11:58:21 AM
slyman19 posted...
No. I can go from a 60FPS game to 30FPS game no problem. It doesn't feel very different to me. 720P to 1080P on the other hand, is a lot more noticeable.

see I was about to agree with you until the 720-1080 i really can't tell the difference and FPS don't really bother me, If the game is enjoyable then I am happy, gamers today care to much about the stupidest things.

Instead of demanding new and innovative ways to play game changers fun games they ask for high frame rates and 1080p thats not what makes a game good.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#9motoraptorPosted 1/25/2014 12:05:29 PM
After playing Ghosts and BF4 on my One, both of which are silky smooth 60fps series I picked up BioShock Infinite. The 30fps was noticeable immediately and the entire game felt sluggish. I'll take 60fps over resolution any day of the week.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#10zephirrainesPosted 1/25/2014 12:30:25 PM
Gaming4dummies posted...
Aarkshark posted...

I agree with you. NOT exactly the topic point, but yes, a stable frame rate is very much desired.

Where is your topic about Ghosts on ps4 not keeping up since it has frame rate issues on a ge where fps actually matters.

Cod designed for 60fps.

TR is designed for 30fps.