Should it be illegal to pay people to review something positively for money?

#1ComparisonManPosted 1/25/2014 12:55:46 PM
Basically, should it be legal to pay people to lie and say something is better then it is, without letting you know they are being paid to lie to you?

Does it make you think less of Microsoft knowing they pay people to lie to you and pretend they have a more favorable opinion of Xbox One, just to trick you into thinking more people like it?

If Nintendo or Sony had paid people to lie about there product favorably secretly advertising it, would you have thought less of them?
#2WartPig_Posted 1/25/2014 12:58:34 PM
you mean like an advertisement?

im pretty sure the wendy's girl gets paid to say their new pretzel burger is the best around
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#3motoraptorPosted 1/25/2014 1:02:33 PM
I think less of you, TC, for trying so hard
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 1/25/2014 1:03:00 PM
motoraptor posted...
I think less of you, TC, for trying so hard

---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#5ComparisonMan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 1:04:09 PM
WartPig_ posted...

im pretty sure the wendy's girl gets paid to say their new pretzel burger is the best around

Not a advertisement.

They are being paid to lie and act like they are just giving their opinion. It's stated in the conditions they can not mention they are being paid or are advertising.

It would be like a cute girl dressed in a Wendies costume came up to you and told you for 30 seconds why she loves the Xbox One with a smile, and acted like it was her opinion.
#6xacebopPosted 1/25/2014 1:04:44 PM
WartPig_ posted...

The Wendy's girl IS Wendy lol
#7WartPig_Posted 1/25/2014 1:05:15 PM
ComparisonMan posted...
WartPig_ posted...

Not a advertisement.

They are being paid to lie and act like they are just giving their opinion. It's stated in the conditions they can not mention they are being paid or are advertising.

It would be like a cute girl dressed in a Wendies costume came up to you and told you for 30 seconds why she loves the Xbox One with a smile, and acted like it was her opinion.

so like an advertisement
---
#8bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 1/25/2014 1:05:39 PM
ComparisonMan posted...
WartPig_ posted...

Not a advertisement.

So like an advertisement?
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#9scoobydoobydontPosted 1/25/2014 1:06:50 PM
ComparisonMan posted...
WartPig_ posted...

Not a advertisement.

That's called advertising.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#10WartPig_Posted 1/25/2014 1:07:20 PM
xacebop posted...
WartPig_ posted...

The Wendy's girl IS Wendy lol

wich one? the daughter of the founder? yes her name is wendy. the hot redhead in the other commercials isnt named wendy afaik
---