Do you think Microsoft slacked off with the Xbone??

#11jussSaiyanPosted 1/27/2014 2:45:13 AM
No, but they severely underestimated what Sony was bringing to the table.
---
Formerly known as ssj3sonic - the man, the myth, the legend.
#12MrSpaM111Posted 1/27/2014 2:51:27 AM
dnmt posted...
Spanish_Fly1 posted...
IloveslimesOMG posted...
I know kinect is one of the reasons.. but I can't see how kinect is going to appeal to people... the best exclusives aren't gonna play better with kinect.

Hey man, could you give me the winning numbers to tomorrows lotto? I could really use the cash.

Hey man, could you name me a couple of amazing Kinect games? The technology has been out for years and years on 360, you know..

Owned
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#13JusticeSwordPosted 1/27/2014 2:59:43 AM
jussSaiyan posted...
No, but they severely underestimated what Sony was bringing to the table.

I think they slacked AND underestimated Sony, double fail.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#14krystylaPosted 1/27/2014 3:09:22 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
dnmt posted...
Spanish_Fly1 posted...
IloveslimesOMG posted...
I know kinect is one of the reasons.. but I can't see how kinect is going to appeal to people... the best exclusives aren't gonna play better with kinect.

Hey man, could you give me the winning numbers to tomorrows lotto? I could really use the cash.

Hey man, could you name me a couple of amazing Kinect games? The technology has been out for years and years on 360, you know..

Owned

Actually Kinect was ignored because not every 360 came with one, hopefully we will se better integration in the future.

I really like how it was implemented in Dead Rising and Battlefield so far but I do hope for more.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#15Pixx0Posted 1/27/2014 3:15:17 AM
Kinect is like the WiiU gamepad: an overpriced piece of tech that devs won't use. In the best case, it'll be a gimmick and nothing jaw-dropping when it comes to gameplay

(very few games did good use of the WiiU pad so far...)

But hey, it's ok, we still have people who like to move like drunk monkeys in front of their TV...better appeal to the whole crowd right?
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#16dnmtPosted 1/27/2014 3:16:24 AM(edited)
krystyla posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
dnmt posted...
Spanish_Fly1 posted...
IloveslimesOMG posted...

Owned

Actually Kinect was ignored because not every 360 came with one, hopefully we will se better integration in the future.

I really like how it was implemented in Dead Rising and Battlefield so far but I do hope for more.

I don't think integration will be any better and for two reasons:

1. MS is going to free up the 8% reserved for Kinect motion controls, making them completely optional. What developer is going to give up better graphical effects, resolution or fps in favor of those?

2. Let's be honest here, the Kinect is novel in concept but spotty in execution. The technology just isn't there yet to make the type of games that could justify its inclusion or cost.
#17krystylaPosted 1/27/2014 3:24:19 AM
dnmt posted...
krystyla posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
dnmt posted...
Spanish_Fly1 posted...

Owned

I don't think integration will be any better and for two reasons:

1. MS is going to free up the 8% reserved for Kinect motion controls, making them completely optional. What developer is going to give up better graphical effects, resolution or fps in favor of those?

2. Let's be honest here, the Kinect is novel in concept but spotty in execution. The technology just isn't there yet to make the type of games that could justify its inclusion or cost.

We don't know if these 8% were completely necessary for Kinect, it certainly isn't for voice controls.
---
#18dnmtPosted 1/27/2014 3:29:54 AM(edited)
Kinect takes up 10% currently. 8% of that is for motion controls/tracking while the remaining 2% is for voice commands. MS is going to free up the 8% normally reserved for motion controls to the developers' discretion.
#19krystylaPosted 1/27/2014 3:39:30 AM
dnmt posted...
Kinect takes up 10% currently. 8% of that is for motion controls/tracking while the remaining 2% is for voice commands. MS is going to free up the 8% normally reserved for motion controls to the developers' discretion.

Point

Your head

MS intended to free up these from the start, what I meant was whether the Kinect needs these 8% for motion controls when even less could suffice.
---
#20MicropolisPosted 1/27/2014 5:02:53 AM
No I've had all three Xbox consoles and this is my favorite ONE. I would run into a burning building to save it!