Do you think Microsoft slacked off with the Xbone??

#21RaRitsujunPosted 1/27/2014 5:50:23 AM
dnmt posted...
I think it's pretty obvious by this point, yes. Their focus wasn't on games this time around and it shows.

---
18700 XBL Gamerscores | 43 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#22Laylow12Posted 1/30/2014 7:07:37 PM
Yes they have lost their way and wanted TV and cable, something we already have.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#23straymatterPosted 1/30/2014 7:50:43 PM
It may seem this way right now, but what Microsoft has designed is the most advanced and innovative hardware we have seen so far...
#24lazycomplifePosted 1/30/2014 7:55:27 PM
Nope, they didn't slack at all. They tried their absolute hardest to create the worst next gen console they could, while pushing away almost every gamer in the process. They've proven that they could have crapped out anything and advertised it well and dudebroyoloswaggers would still buy it. I can't believe it's even sold as much as it has.
---
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027 - Friend safari: ICE type: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong
#25RedZakuPosted 1/30/2014 8:02:04 PM(edited)
krystyla posted...

Actually Kinect was ignored because not every 360 came with one, hopefully we will se better integration in the future.

I really like how it was implemented in Dead Rising and Battlefield so far but I do hope for more.

You know every PS3 controller came with six axis functionality, how many developers took advantage of that? Almost none? There was no point because mutliplatform games have more pressing concerns that developing deep integration for a gimmicky feature? Huh.

EDIT: Also, the second thing wrong with that "defense" why would not develop a killer app for the Kinect just because not everyone has it? Wouldn't developing a killer game/app for the Kinect sell more Kinect units?
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more than the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.
#26blazinapplePosted 1/30/2014 8:03:31 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
It was a dark, dark night, and the cirrus-infected soup of darkness, that haunting void-like sky was split... only by a solitary, gleaming orb. That orb lit the wasteland below that once was a cornucopia of bustling debate and intelligent conversation, a wonderous land filled with mutual interest and interesting nuance. Many tales tell of this beautiful land once known as Gamefaqs... but relegated they now are to mere tomes and folklore. Now, this land lies engulfed in atrophy and poisioned hatred, of rage-induced assaults, of feeding of the spirits of fellow men.

The topic creator skulks in, his breath visible in the moonlight as the icy cold kisses the condensation on his lips. In his arms he cradles a large, crude machine resembling an oversized mousetrap, and a bundle of cheese imprinted with several magical runes. These runes read "LOLOLOL", and the inhabitants of this land are drawn to their power.

Laying down the trap, he smirks with a demonic glint in his eye. He licks his lips in an almost sadistic hunger as he lays the rune-covered cheese upon the spring-loaded mechanism. Shivering with excitement he steps back, marvelling at his own devising, before scampering off to safety.

The troll-bait had been laid. And upon the horizon, many red, gleaming eyes sparkled in the darkness, and a vile thunderous rumble could be heard as the horde approached.

Tonight they would feast... but at what cost?

LMFAO!!!!!! this is by far the best thing i read on this board in the past few weeks. i love the creativity put into this post. i havent seen that in a long long time.

i tip my hat to you sir.
---
vote for pedro
#27coltsfan4ever31Posted 1/30/2014 8:03:46 PM
They focused too much on Kinect and dominating the living room with tv media.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#28IloveslimesOMG(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 8:13:33 PM
blazinapple posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
It was a dark, dark night, and the cirrus-infected soup of darkness, that haunting void-like sky was split... only by a solitary, gleaming orb. That orb lit the wasteland below that once was a cornucopia of bustling debate and intelligent conversation, a wonderous land filled with mutual interest and interesting nuance. Many tales tell of this beautiful land once known as Gamefaqs... but relegated they now are to mere tomes and folklore. Now, this land lies engulfed in atrophy and poisioned hatred, of rage-induced assaults, of feeding of the spirits of fellow men.

The topic creator skulks in, his breath visible in the moonlight as the icy cold kisses the condensation on his lips. In his arms he cradles a large, crude machine resembling an oversized mousetrap, and a bundle of cheese imprinted with several magical runes. These runes read "LOLOLOL", and the inhabitants of this land are drawn to their power.

Laying down the trap, he smirks with a demonic glint in his eye. He licks his lips in an almost sadistic hunger as he lays the rune-covered cheese upon the spring-loaded mechanism. Shivering with excitement he steps back, marvelling at his own devising, before scampering off to safety.

The troll-bait had been laid. And upon the horizon, many red, gleaming eyes sparkled in the darkness, and a vile thunderous rumble could be heard as the horde approached.

Tonight they would feast... but at what cost?

LMFAO!!!!!! this is by far the best thing i read on this board in the past few weeks. i love the creativity put into this post. i havent seen that in a long long time.

i tip my hat to you sir.

I actually Lol'ed at this too, not too far from reality :O
---
3DS FC: 0275-7744-8408
#29mfv12979Posted 1/30/2014 8:18:53 PM
MS is probably hoping the dev's will make every game kinect required. "Looks at Steel Battalion". Plus they tried add a lot of things "hence the all in one".
#30aj4x94Posted 1/31/2014 1:40:21 PM
After Microsoft curbstomped Sony during the first half of the 7th gen, they figured that they had a firm grasp on the hardcore gamer community, and decided they wanted to pull the rug out from Nintendo's crowd through Kinect.

They also saw just how popular Netflix was on all consoles, and decided that it was time to appeal to other audiences besides gamers. Hence, we get the Xbone.

They definitely could have done more to make it better than the competition.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Borderlands.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94