In what way can Kinect be used for gaming?

#11FinzFan4lifePosted 1/26/2014 1:13:40 AM
They could use it to allow you to pick up stuff enter key pad numbers throw ammo or grenades reload I don't think any of those would be to hard they madden could bring back their 1st person foot ball (2ks idea I know) at first it would be baby steps but it could blossom into something pretty damn cool and it's exercise.

It could tell what your doing 3 step drop it would track your head which ever way you look you run.

The kinect has a lot going for it devs just need to take the time
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#12dnmtPosted 1/26/2014 1:16:22 AM
Maybe some things just aren't meant to be used in proper gaming. Six-axis anyone?
#13straymatterPosted 1/26/2014 8:53:23 AM
Some games could be great with Kinect like a skateboarding game maybe even a game like Alan Wake or Mirrors Edge or JSRF type of game,
and sports games and training, like baseball would be outstanding, and martial arts games...
#14ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/26/2014 9:01:32 AM
It's usually a supplement to the controller, it doesn't replace it. Not for most AAA games. So you end up getting a few voice commands or gestures here and there.
---
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.
XBL Gold in a nutshell: http://imgur.com/cT6qYn4
#15zephirrainesPosted 1/26/2014 9:05:39 AM
I think the benefit of the kinect is that it adds more utility to the console as well. Voice commands are nice and convenient but i can live without them. Hand gestures are a bit awkward to use. But the real redeeming factor is that it adds new control options for future games.

People ignore that Kinect Sports and Dance Central had insanely high attach ratio on kinect 1 and both outsold games like Infamous. Also the kids love Zoo Tycoon and had a lot of fun on the Kinect Rivals demo even though they were horrible at it.

Another often ignored bonus of kinect is Skype. If you ever use skype it works extremely well on kinect especially since the camera not only tracks who is talking but how many people are in the room.
#16eddy_cocainePosted 1/26/2014 9:05:45 AM
My daughter and I play Just Dance. I love it. It's accurate and fun.

Also I have been doing insanity on Xbox fitness. I don't care what you say kinect is useful.
---
GT: Toot Scoot PSN: CerebralLOLsy
Dear fanboys; get over yourselves. Video games are not the most important thing in life.
#17Foxx3kPosted 1/26/2014 9:10:40 AM
Kinect should be able to do anything this can, if I understand the technologies right.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]